Mary EL Tarot is finished!

Naneki

I want! I want! I WANT!!!!!

I can't wait for this deck!!!! Congratulations Marie!!!!

VGimlet

Doing a happy Snoopy Dance!

Whooo hoooo!

Been on my wanted list just about since I got here.....

When I want to show people what modern tarot is, I show them the art for THIS deck.

LotusSong

I saw this tarot for the first time yesterday and...

1) I have made my first personal breakthrough with tarot, by writing down my thoughts on one of my favorite cards and defining what it means to me. (Seriously, I didn't understand what everyone else meant when they said to do stuff like that. It wasn't until I was reading her blog about creating the paintings did it all click.)

2) Looking at this deck gives me the same feeling I get when I look at the Thoth; I feel like this deck has something very new and different to say.

These cards make me almost ashamed of the decks I do like. Makes them seem almost fluffy in comparison.

truelighth

Congratulations Marie! For me, this is also a deck I am waiting for anxiously. I have the majors only, but to finally own the whole deck, will be so wonderful. Do keep us posted on the publishing. Will you be self-publishing? I can't imagine any big publisher passing this beauty up though...

coredil

What a great deck!
I love the Star!!!

FearfulSymmetry

Wow! I just came in to browse the posts and found this thread. Thank you everyone!!!
I am going to do my best to get a quality printing and I have every intent of writing a detailed book, I really think it needs it and deserves it.
There are no details set on publishing yet.

I showed Sophie the posts about her deck and now at 11 she is still very proud of it! I am too!

I'll try to get back and chat more later but now I have to go shopping for birthday presents for Freya who will turn 4 next week:)

Foolishly,
Marie

blue_fusion

Congratulations Marie! I remember seeing it back in 2002 and getting frustrated in seeing that it was still incomplete then. How time flies! I hope it gets published soon.

AJ

Congratulations to anyone, for carrying a project through to the end, good job. That said, I looked at Aces first and ran screaming from the room. Yikes. This isn't a deck for me.

Cerulean

Ah, AJ, dinna worry when you open the door...

AJ said:
Congratulations to anyone, for carrying a project through to the end, good job. That said, I looked at Aces first and ran screaming from the room. Yikes. This isn't a deck for me.

Ah AJ,

Do not worry, I hardly think of Mary El haunting someone if they are busy in other tarot kingdoms!

I always thought of the imagined tarot characters of the Mary-El Tarot hardly frequenting a normal tarot parlor, let alone the four walls of mundame room----could be more like a shadowy forest of dreams that is in an old, olden land somewhere.

But I want to now look at the Aces again after you said that!

Cerulean

ZKEI

Congratulations!!!

With same questions; when, where and how can I get this deckkkkkk?
This deck is added to my wishlist
:)