Mary EL Tarot is finished!

conurelover

Received this deck as a gift...

I am blown away by it.
It is stunning, beautiful, mystifying, and amazing.

Kissa

Just read the thread and admired the different trimmed versions.
AJ's is so unique :)
I am still very much on the fence about this one since I am not sure how I would cope with such a smart deck, full of cultural references. Yet the colors, the lines, the energy look amazing.

GryffinSong

Just read the thread and admired the different trimmed versions.
AJ's is so unique :)
I am still very much on the fence about this one since I am not sure how I would cope with such a smart deck, full of cultural references. Yet the colors, the lines, the energy look amazing.

I have very mixed feelings. Some of the cards are stunning, mind blowing, incredibly insightful. Others do nothing for me. I've been thinking of trading it away, but the amazing cards still call to me. I'll probably spend some time with this deck and see if I can sort it down to an oracle with just the amazing cards.

Kissa

Hi GryffinSong!

If I decide to break my "no deck purchase" policy, I will trim the deck and use the cards I feel comfy with after reading the book. Still not sure my old tiny brains can deal with too much info re: symbolism though.

Still cannot quite understand how I ended up wanting the Mary El after eyeing the Cat's Eye Tarot on BookDepository. These suggestions of theirs, I guess... ?

It's sometimes a blessing to be poor, especially when there are so many tempting decks in the world ;)

Mi-Shell

I worked with the deck for several month when it came out, I think 2 years ago. I can not say, that I like it, this is just not "my kind of deck"
BUT I exposed myself to these images and learned a lot about myself - which is very important. :)
And then there are the study group posts to read and contemplate...