Psychic tarot:using your natural abilities to read the cards, content preview

HOLMES

you know,,

when this thread was first made it was to show a tentative content preview as it says up there in the title and to get the information out there.
now that the book is released , it would be more suited for an offical review thread as the creator of the book has taken part in this thread and so could possibly participate further in that thread.
that way the focus would be on the actual book and the reviews would be nearer to the start of the thread so interested people wouldnt' have to go through some pages of text to find the reviews.
yes ?

way-ward

@ Holmes

Oh! Ha, sorry, you just did such a good job with it I think Nance & I just thought it would be neat to use the thread to stay in touch with the people who are reading the book. :) Is there something special we ought to be doing? I am very, very new to this forum thing. Seriously, I still don't have an iPod. Be gentle with me. - Mel

ann823

There is another section of the website for reviews, Bonnie Cehovet has already done a review and anyone else could review it as well. Holmes, I'm sure it would be helpful if you'd add yours there. In forums threads often start out as one thing and morph into something a bit different, this one really got lucky and has the authors adding to it.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

There is nothing wrong with the existing thread as it stands. Anyone who wishes to write a review of the book may do so by following this link.

HOLMES

ah kk

just before i posted on this thread,, i saw on a differnt forum for poker they had an offical site review thread.. so that is what i was inspired by, to make an offical review thread.

negative there way-ward i can think of nothing else that you can be doing as we are lucky to have you two particpating it was a dream of mine to get such partipcation from authors, so if you guys are happy with the thread it can stand as the moderators see nothing wrong with it.

(i am not sure that everyone wants to write an offical review to submit, example i myself don't have the grammar to do any reviews justice to a good deck or book ).

I would of wrote a review or posted my thoughts way, alas i haven't yet purchased the book (i havent' purchased any tarot materials so it isnt' due to preference eheh ) . I am just on a limit income for example i saved up for 2 to 3 months to purchase a irish fiddle course for me to learn at home here.

when I do order some tarot materials, that would be one of my first things to purchase especially with the good takes on it i seen so far.
I am curious when i make my yearly trip to winnipeg in september if the local chapters will have it.

babycrone49

From Nance (aka babyCrone)

This thread has been very relaxed and fun. My sense of the book is that it will take time for folks to play with it. In fact, I don't think we will really get a sense of it from the larger group till sometime later in 2011.

The feedback that I've gotten from other sources tells me that the exercises are doable. I'm planning to create a workbook from the back of this book with added new ones that I've created since we handed in the final manuscript.

I would love to give Tarot lovers material that they could teach to others. Not only is it another form of income, it spreads the love. ;)

MsRed

I have to say that this is a very helpful book to me! It made my re-entrance in the world of Tarot much easier and showed me great ways of getting to know the cards. I use it more as a workbook than as a "once you've read it you put it on the shelve book" so I return to it regularly and every time I find different aspects and ideas.

And the story right at the beginning of the book with the gypsy in the forest - It really made me laugh! :) A perfect way to show that Tarot must not always be taken dead serious.

MystiqueMoonlight

I've always been an intuitive reader of Tarot mainly because it was the only way I could begin to understand it back all those years ago. This book really resonates with me. It's written in plain English with a little humour mixed in.

Yes and that gypsy story was very clever :)

celticnoodle

I love this book too! I also have used some of the exercises on the psychic circles with great results too! This book is well written and so easy to use and one I recommend to everyone who asks me. I have also purchased this book for others as well.