Holistic Tarot - Benebell Wen

The Happy Squirrel

I have read every post on this thread at 1.20 am and I can say that ordering the book is definitely the right decision for me. I have historical books coming out of my ears. So lacking in that area? No problemo. Psychological? Excellent. Citations? Woohoo! For once I can properly follow up on things that interest me but isn't the focus of a tarot book. Projective not predictive? Sweet. All I can say is: FINALLY! I hope I still feel the same after I read it though :)

The Happy Squirrel

PS: I would have preferred the title "Tarot Analytics" :)

gregory

*cough* Happy - your PM box is full, so I can't answer yours :)

Le Fanu

I eventually ordered this book for my summer reading and it unexpectedly arrived today. I have spent much of the afternoon reading it and am hugely impressed. I did have a problem with the title - as I mentioned earlier. From what I have read so far, I still think this title is not quite where the book's at - I can see that Tarot Analysis would have been a better title.

What I have read so far - including the laying out of her proposal and concept for the book - is superb. There is such rigour of thinking there - setting out what she plans to do and then doing it. And she really is very analytical at every stage. I was very disappointed with the Anthony Louis book Tarot Beyond the Basics which really didn't deliver anything beyond the basics. This book, on the other hand, is an absolute triumph.

I love the clever balance struck between academic seriousness and openess to other ways of thinking. It is very readable and like a good mathematical equation lays down each step of the thought process along the way.

It is a wonderful antidote to the "what the angels are telling me" school of thought which absolves the reader of ever having to actually learn anything. She dives right in there with real sharpness and precision. The book is many things - of course it is also not all-inclusive or Encyclopedic (from what I have read) - but it does seem to be doing exactly what it purports to do and that is the main thing.

I wish I had had this book when starting out.

The Happy Squirrel

I am going to buy a thick gold marker and write across the front of the cover "TAROT ANALYTICS" :p

The Happy Squirrel

--------

The Happy Squirrel

Tada!!

Attachments

• IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 207

3ill.yazi

I am grateful that my little book incited passion, in both directions. The balanced critiques have been most helpful and formative in the way I will think about and approach future books. Thank you.

Little? LOL, it's a choker!

But thank you for the clarification. As someone who was turned off by the comment about divination, your response turned me around, and this book is in my future.