Moon reversed

Jega

Hi. I'm kind of new and still shy with readings. I did Star of David reading for myself regarding personal relationship problem. I feel like someone avoiding me lately. In Relationship position as in people who can be supportive to you at this time, Reversed Moon came up.
To me Upright Moon would mean in this position as I can see through all the veils, like Moon can illuminate for me to see the real deal of people.
So the reversed Moon it's like I have to be careful whom I go for an advice to or be careful who you put your trust in.
I don't know if that's makes any sense..

Hemera

Hi Jega :) Welcome to AT.
I'll move this thread to Using Tarot Cards which is a better area for your question.

Jega

Thank you Hemera.

lamyamah

the moon confuses me also, but elsewhere on the is forum I saw that upright it refers to unconscious and un hidden forces - so be prepared for anything. the unconscious force that drives us to go against out rational thinking. if anything it does the opposite of revealing, it is quite confusing. apologies if this of the mark

spookyboo22

Hi. I'm kind of new and still shy with readings. I did Star of David reading for myself regarding personal relationship problem. I feel like someone avoiding me lately. In Relationship position as in people who can be supportive to you at this time, Reversed Moon came up.
To me Upright Moon would mean in this position as I can see through all the veils, like Moon can illuminate for me to see the real deal of people.
So the reversed Moon it's like I have to be careful whom I go for an advice to or be careful who you put your trust in.
I don't know if that's makes any sense..

Go to you tube and type in John Ballantrae the moon reversed. His video is brilliant x

Barleywine

I once had the rather fanciful notion that the Moon reversed - with the water above and the sky below - is a "reflection of a reflection" (the Moon first reflecting the light of the Sun), placing its true import in a reading even further out of reach. The path then looks more like a "slippery slope" into subconscious misapprehension than an ascending way, and instinct (the "animal nature") trumps reason. I think I would trust it's light even less than I already do.

Aleister Crowley may have been indulging in a bit of metaphysical hyperventilation when he wrote this sentence (or maybe poetic intoxication is a fairer assessment), but it's a vivid portrayal:

"Such light as there is may be deadlier than darkness, and the silence is wounded by the howling of wild beasts."

Hemera

For me the Moon is nearly always positive, wild beasts and all! For me the Moon is usually about the Great Goddess and Her Divine guidance. The way readers see the Moon is a very personal matter, as you will see. There are so many ways to interpret each of the Majors (all cards of the deck, in fact) and for intuitive readers a lot depends on the particular deck that is being used.
I would probably interpret the Moon (reversed and in your situation) the way you have done Jega. That it might be better to remain careful who you put your trust in. Watch and see what happens. Don't rush. Wait in the water before you climb onto that beach between the wolf and the dog (in the RWS image) in case they will start a fight so you won't get caught in between. Let the answers unfold by themselves. Who can be supportive to you at this time? Maybe no-one right now?

Thirteen

Whatever gets you through the night....

The confusion over the Moon card is because everyone just thinks of it as being "The Moon" meaning that big, bright satellite orbiting the Earth. But the Moon card should really be called "Nighttime" because it's not just about the Moon. Subtract the stars (that's the Star card) and it's all the rest that you get when the sun goes down. That includes darkness, nocturnal animals, dreams, thieves, ghosts...and yes, the Moon. Which can illuminate, but not clearly. Things are softened in the moonlight, made more "romantic" or strange.

This is why the card is about intuition, creativity, the unconscious, illusion, deception, lunacy. Because our minds drift and we dream; we can be led to poetry, but also easily tricked. Our emotions are heightened at night and we're more likely to do what they tell us to do.

But you got the Moon rx for supportive people. I take this to mean that those who can best support you are those who will stay awake by your bed as you sleep. Note, you didn't get the Sun, which would indicate those who might shine a bright flood light on whatever you're worried about. But you did get Moon rx...meaning, those who can block the worst of whatever you're feeling or going through. Who can, well, get you through the night. :D

Jega

I once had the rather fanciful notion that the Moon reversed - with the water above and the sky below - is a "reflection of a reflection" (the Moon first reflecting the light of the Sun), placing its true import in a reading even further out of reach. The path then looks more like a "slippery slope" into subconscious misapprehension than an ascending way, and instinct (the "animal nature") trumps reason. I think I would trust it's light even less than I already do.

Aleister Crowley may have been indulging in a bit of metaphysical hyperventilation when he wrote this sentence (or maybe poetic intoxication is a fairer assessment), but it's a vivid portrayal:

"Such light as there is may be deadlier than darkness, and the silence is wounded by the howling of wild beasts."

Very interesting interpretation. Thank you Barleywine. That's what I felt. It's kind of gives me doubts to trust the shadows in the moon light when it's reversed.