Vision Quest - Seven of Earth

Soaring Eagle

Description: There are seven sunflowers wilting, dying and there is a black bird perched on one. The background is dark, with a blue sky.

Significant Details: The sunflowers usually represent fertility, but here they are signifying the lack of fertility. The blue sky gives a sense that all will pass. The roots of the sunflowers are above the ground, obviously there is a lack of stability.

My Interpretation: You are suffering a disappointment. You have fears and doubts. You may be exhausted, over exerted, or physically depleted.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The fading green shows a lack of growth. All of the successes that we experienced in the 6 (Break-Through) are fading away. We have not cultivated our roots/footings very well. We must strengthen ourselves if we wish to reach the 8 (Inner Order).

Lifeisabutterfly

Here is where I beg to differ a bit...I always see the 7 of Earth as a waiting and assessing period. You planted your seeds and now you are indeed beginning to doubt or dispair about ever seeing the fruit of your labour. But you will see the results because you did the work. You got your hands full of earth, you sweat a little, you had contact with Mother Earth and you asked her to give you something. It might be time to step back and analyse how things have progressed so far.
When you go to a restaurant to eat something after the waiter has taken your order do you go to the kitchen every 5 minutes to see if the chef is doing things right? lol.
Sometimes a decision needs to be made regarding the next step and too much dithering makes the flowers wilt and loose their bloom if they are not picked at the proper time, this is true. Every hunter and warrior knows here is an exact moment when to take action and a time of waiting and watching too. Both are crucial to success. A farmer knows these rules as well....the Earth yields it's bounty when it sees fit and no one can force it.
PATIENCE is the key word I believe, with this card.

Soaring Eagle

Here is where I beg to differ a bit...I always see the 7 of Earth as a waiting and assessing period. You planted your seeds and now you are indeed beginning to doubt or dispair about ever seeing the fruit of your labour. But you will see the results because you did the work. You got your hands full of earth, you sweat a little, you had contact with Mother Earth and you asked her to give you something. It might be time to step back and analyse how things have progressed so far.
When you go to a restaurant to eat something after the waiter has taken your order do you go to the kitchen every 5 minutes to see if the chef is doing things right? lol.
Sometimes a decision needs to be made regarding the next step and too much dithering makes the flowers wilt and loose their bloom if they are not picked at the proper time, this is true. Every hunter and warrior knows here is an exact moment when to take action and a time of waiting and watching too. Both are crucial to success. A farmer knows these rules as well....the Earth yields it's bounty when it sees fit and no one can force it.
PATIENCE is the key word I believe, with this card.

I have to agree with you. As I am not a very patient person myself, I have a hard time seeing that quality. You did make me laugh about the chef. :)

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference: 7 - Challenges, Victory, Exploration, Insight, Independence, Reflection, Assessment, Motives, Spirituality, Wisdom, Perfect Order

Keywords*: Depletion, exhaustion, speculations, set-backs, power trips, disappointment, doubts, fear of loss

Inner message*: Expecting something increases our chances of being disappointed. Stay in this moment, completely conscious in the present, and be very still. Give yourself a little more rest at this point, and don’t project your negative thoughts into the future.

Outward manifestation*: The fear of ending up as a nobody in the material world and therefore never getting enough, paralyzes your creative power right now. Don’t waste whatever energy you have left on unimportant activities. That only hurts and distracts you further from your path. Depressive tendencies are strengthened by tightly holding on to your already stagnating energy. Your most essential lesson now is to give – give without excpecting something in return. To get the life force moving again, be willing to let it go. Having to get by on less than full capacity sometimes be very instructive. Learn to be happy with less.

My Interpretation: You are suffering a disappointment. You have fears and doubts. You may be exhausted, over exerted, or physically depleted. Take a break from what you’re doing and from life events, be patient and reflect on yourself. Take time to be by yourself for a little while to get over your disappointment, to ground yourself.

*From LWB