Pathworking - World or Universe card

JackofWands

I'm short on time, so I'll probably come back and add further thoughts later, but I was doing a reading the other day with my Deviant Moon deck and I came across the World card. It bears a surprising amount of imagery that parallels my pathworking experience--most notably the mermaid and the duality of the lion and dragon at the bottom of the card. You can find an image of it here.

TarotRNJess

zephyros will move posts relating to this card to this thread from our previous thread. Please add any further path working posts about the world card in this thread.

If you wish to post about path working with a different card please make a thread for that card and then post there.

the original thread remains if people wish to post about a more general path working topic.

Thank you
I didn't realize they would be so separated. I now understand your point about keeping them all together.

Snaut

I also gave it a try. Not sure if it was pathworking or active imagination, since I have no prior experience with it. I sat down with a candle, cast a LBRP and then imagined me doing another LBRP and then concentrated on the thoth universe card.

A door appeared which I opened. I entered an egg-shaped room with green smoke everywhere. There was this girl with the snake dancing from the ceiling of the room. I grabbed the fishhook which worked like an elevator and so I was also at the ceiling, talking to the girl and asking her where to get to Yesod. She said "Go straight ahead. Have fun." The elevator-hook let me down from the ceiling, so i was again at the floor. There was again this green fog, so it was difficult to see the girl with the snake. I moved further straight ahead and came to a door which I opened. It was a dark brownish room lit in candlelight with stuff in there and some persons, but i could not see them clearly. It became very blurry. I think I was greeted by someone/something and thought if this was pathworking or just my mind playing tricks on me.
I then went back the same way I came, through the egg-room filled with the green fog.
I opened my eyes and did another LBRP.

TarotRNJess

Please forgive my ignorance but what is an LBRP?

JackofWands

"LBRP" stands for the "Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram". It's a relatively common component of ceremonial magick, and lots of variants. One reasonably readable description can be found here, and I'm sure if you search on AT you can find people discussing it.

See also Liber O, if you can stomach Crowley without translation.

Snaut

Me again.
I gave it another try with the setting from here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=31471

As soon as I opened the door from Malkuth to the universe I was in a jungle. Everything was green and the smell of moss penetrated the air. I went in a few steps. A black cat with a very wide face appeared. I tested her with the letter taw. She did not retreat, so I asked her what I could learn from her. I followed her into a long straight dark cave with a light at the other end. It was more like a tunnel than a cave. I could not see the cat it was so dark. In the middle of the tunnel there was a crystal door which I could not open. The cat opened it for me and the tunnel continued. On the right there were some blue sparks like electricity coming out of the wall.
As I reached the other end of the tunnel the black cat was gone. The jungle continued.
My concentration slowly faded, so I went back through the two parts of the tunnel, back to the temple of Malkuth and then down to earth and in my body.

Weird experience and I do not quite know what to make of it.