Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

7 of Cups Reversed

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Citizen

elena_jaymz 
Citizen

7 of Cups Reversed

Hi everyone, I have a question about the 7 of Cups Reversed: what does it mean when it refers to what someone wants from someone else? Since I see the 7 of Cups upright as being confused about what you want, because you lack of focus or simply you tend to daydream too much in general, I'd say that its reverse may mean instead the opposite: you're starting getting clear about what you want.

Anyway I'm not sure, what do you think? Thanks.
Top   #1
Citizen

headincloud 
Citizen

It will reflect the same message of the upright only more intensely so head totally in the clouds or greater confusion than the upright much like moon rx in comparison. The other way it could read is at the other end of the spectrum where the influence is moving out and we begin to see things clearly and make up our mind.

This duality of reversals can be confusing but we always know when a card is rx it will be either an extreme representation of the upright version as in intense or it will at the other end be a weakened energy or influence where the card is moving out.

Only way to tell is from the other cards.
Top   #2
Citizen

elena_jaymz 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by headincloud View Post
It will reflect the same message of the upright only more intensely so head totally in the clouds or greater confusion than the upright much like moon rx in comparison. The other way it could read is at the other end of the spectrum where the influence is moving out and we begin to see things clearly and make up our mind.

This duality of reversals can be confusing but we always know when a card is rx it will be either an extreme representation of the upright version as in intense or it will at the other end be a weakened energy or influence where the card is moving out.

Only way to tell is from the other cards.
Hi headincloud, thank you. Oh I see, so it could mean "greater confusion" as well, so an intensification of its upright meaning then. Anyway I agree, we should look at the other cards as well.
Top   #3
The Thirteenth Moon

Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

It could also indicate a block on your imagination. You want to imagine how it will be...and you just can't. You lack the ability to daydream. Which could indicate depression. The cups of dreams are "upside-down" and therefore "empty."
Top   #4
Citizen

elena_jaymz 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
It could also indicate a block on your imagination. You want to imagine how it will be...and you just can't. You lack the ability to daydream. Which could indicate depression. The cups of dreams are "upside-down" and therefore "empty."
Hi Thirteen, thank you! Wow, that's cool! It makes sense, it's upside-down, so the cups go empty, so yes, it could mean an inability to daydream --> depression, sadness etc.
Top   #5

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.