moon and page of cups

Ethereal

beautiful description of the moon; loved it. and, so , so true. thanks for contributing that, wind. that is one for my journal, for sure ;)

WaterSong

I am going with magenta - I think the Moon is so misjudged and treated really badly as a card, mainly due to our western logically orientied mind who thrives on rationality and clarity.

Moon is totally related to feeling. What we feel comes from our unconscious, our psyche, where are impulses that we are not even aware of. When we fall in love we usually do not understand why, there is just some pull - that we can reveal by going deep into our mysterious unconscious.

Moon is a very deep and strong card but it is feared because people are usually afraid of emotional depth, of their own irrationality, of impulses and emotions that they cannot understand with clear and pure logic.

We are the civilisation that values Sun - power, clarity, inspiration, goals, vision. We reject and neglect Moon and see it as devious, illusive magic power with no real substance. But in fact, she has the deepest substance, because the power of the uncoscious is far greater than the power of the conscious which is very superficial.

We value only daylight and things that we can see and touch - and fear the mysteries of our deep inner pool which is in fact the only real basis for true feelings.

So, Moon as feelings for me means deep, profound feelings, that touch the person to the core. Our organ with which we feel is the Moon, not the Sun - but it is true that with feelings it is difficult to make rational decisions, hence we need the Sun.

But by no means is Moon lesser than the Sun, less meaningful, less rich, less deep...it is in fact more that the Sun in this sense.

Also, Moon card can tell us that deep, uncosncious, childhood patterns are in action - and the things is, that we usually fall in love based on that:) Deep love will touch all the inner uncoscious drama where we usually lack clarity, also because we never learnt to deal with it.

So, no more judging of the Moon:)

For me, this combination Moon + Page of cups means that something new is being born out of the unconscious, new revelation, new feeling but which has deep roots. A chance for new feeling with great depth.

wind, what a beautiful, insightful description of the Moon! you made her justice!

Moon is a very deep and strong card but it is feared because people are usually afraid of emotional depth, of their own irrationality, of impulses and emotions that they cannot understand with clear and pure logic.

We are the civilisation that values Sun - power, clarity, inspiration, goals, vision. We reject and neglect Moon and see it as devious, illusive magic power with no real substance. But in fact, she has the deepest substance, because the power of the uncoscious is far greater than the power of the conscious which is very superficial

this says it all....we would not have art if we did not have the Moon ....no poetry, no music.....it would be a sad, colorless world.

wind

It is so lovely to see that Moon resonates with many people! We need to pay her the respect she deserves.

Gram

It is so lovely to see that Moon resonates with many people! We need to pay her the respect she deserves.

I've read the thread & The moon came up in a reading I just did, & I was wondering if the moon still trumps the page of cups if it follows the page of cups. I got the king of swords + page of cups + moon. Does the king of swords makes the page & moon less intense, because it is a logical/analytical card? Does the moon represent fear or false notions, or do intense deep feelings is being described by both of the cards?

MermaidFeet

another take...

the Moon is also about romantic emotions, poetry,art, strong undercurrents....it is about intuition and all that is deep and hidden, our deepest emotions come from the subconscious....artists often get the Moon, as they work and express feelings, emotions and visions often hidden to the rest.
The Moon for me is not a negative card, of course depends on the position etc, but it is a card of enchantment, magic and beauty also.....mystery.

So I would say that this person is having very romantic , intense feelings for the other, maybe feelings they have never experienced before.They feel a strong *pull* to this person, that cannot explain and make them feel a bit vulnerable, like this page.

I see in this two cards together lots of water, the Moon rules the tides....lots of of deep, intense emotion....probably they are are in love .....

and , forgot to say, Tarot can be literal...I often associate the Moon with visual arts, like filming and movies....so....what is the person would like to extend an invitation to the movies ? :) the page is also an invitation or news....maybe they want to court them by inviting them to some show or to the movies...

One time I had this card come up for a friend and told her she was going to a place close to water....she turned out to be in an Inn called Full Moon on the Water :D

Nice. My thoughts too!

MermaidFeet

I've read the thread & The moon came up in a reading I just did, & I was wondering if the moon still trumps the page of cups if it follows the page of cups. I got the king of swords + page of cups + moon. Does the king of swords makes the page & moon less intense, because it is a logical/analytical card? Does the moon represent fear or false notions, or do intense deep feelings is being described by both of the cards?

I would think that the person is so extremely analytical and 'from the head' about things (King of S)because they are aware of the fact that they are actually very naive and impressionable when it comes to romance and emotions (Page of C) and that they have extremely deep caverns and wells of emotions, feelings, fears and desires (The Moon). They would DEF be more romantic and clingy then they are letting on! Even though they may display their emotions in a 'childish' or 'young love' way when they try to communicate them I would say that their emotions and feelings are actually very full and real -although they seem to hide this with mental analysis and light flirting.

MaineGirl117

Beautiful timing really, I just got this pair and got pretty quick results. He said to me "if I fall in love with you and you end up acting crazy, I'll be utterly crushed." Guess his relationships in the past haven't been so great. :) Things are in the early stages, where emotions simmer below the surface, but only small, sweet innocents truths are being expressed. No profound revelations exchanged just yet, though the Moon does tend to expose the truth in cycles

SunChariot

this has me kind of confused. i got the moon and page of cups for someones true feelings for another. i am trying to understand how the page of cups would relate to the moon. looks opposite to me. the page is all about innocent love,love letters, crush type thing. first love type thing. with the moon? not sure. any help with this, much gratitude all!

For me, and of course others will read differently, The Moon is about romance and romantic feelings. It has no other meaning than that for me. Fuil Moon= Romance, period. So that would make sense in a question about how someone feels for somoene else. It would say they have romantic feelings for them.

As for the Page of Cups....the Pages for me are the newbies of the deck. They are facing something new to their experience, something they have never experienced before or rarely. So the Page of Cups means the person is experienceing feelings that they never have before.

Together it says that the person is having romantic feelings and that these feelings are new to them in some way. They have never felt anything quite like them before. Maybe this is the first time they have ever fallen in love. Or else there is just some element to their romantic feelings, here in this situationthat is unlike anything they have ever felt in this area before. There is something every unique about it this time.

Babs

Ethereal

reading these posts, i have to say that what sun chariot mentioned so stood out for me. i can so see this; that there is some element to the situation where they have never experienced feelings quite like this before. especially in an overall romantic view of the moon with the p of c. thanks for adding that one on! never thought of those cards like that before, but it sure puts a new spin on it! and, i like it! thanks for sharing :)

mizzmoxxie

This came up for me.. moon and page of cups plus King of wands (guy I was asking aboiut is a Leo)... he was manipulating me emotionally but honestly. .. he was under the influence of a lot of drugs (I did not know at the time) he'd tell me he was falling in live with me when sober and when not sober... he'd be mean and pull away.. very uncaring... I think the moon would cast some shadows of doubt on these romantic feelings of the page . Sort of an illusion of being in love but not truly... just an illusion... I also see this page as a message of love but with the moon beside it . The message could be during a depressed moment and he reaches out to say "I love u" (page of cups) but it's only bc he is depressed (moon)