Llewellyn's new card stock

jalaire

Thanks, that's good to know. Doesn't seem that way because yours has the thin stock and we were referring to the Linestrider which has the cardboard like stock.

Yeah, I was wondering if maybe they started going back to the older cardstock because they didn't get good feedback with the new.

Obviously, I have no idea how they go about choosing cardstock, but the Vivid Journey Tarot is definitely not the cardboard kind.

G6

Yeah, I was wondering if maybe they started going back to the older cardstock because they didn't get good feedback with the new.

Obviously, I have no idea how they go about choosing cardstock, but the Vivid Journey Tarot is definitely not the cardboard kind.

It's a mystery because some people on here got the Linestrider with the thin stock and others got it with the cardboard stock. The fact that yours is going to be printed on the thin stock indicates that's their standard stock.

Rhiamon

I just bought a Shadowscapes as a backup to my beloved first edition, ya know, when they came with the little bag to carry the cards in? I'm shocked, the cards are more square and are cardboard like, with no sheen on them at all! You can't even shuffle like this! The cards all stick to eachother! Boo! Hiss! Not good Llewelyn.....you lost a fan in me for sure.

G6

I just bought a Shadowscapes as a backup to my beloved first edition, ya know, when they came with the little bag to carry the cards in? I'm shocked, the cards are more square and are cardboard like, with no sheen on them at all! You can't even shuffle like this! The cards all stick to eachother! Boo! Hiss! Not good Llewelyn.....you lost a fan in me for sure.

Yep, Shadowscapes, NG. Although I did a purple edge job on mine that looks hawt. The Shadowscapes has that cardboard variety. The real straw that broke the camel's back for me was a Celtic Dragon Tarot swap. Brand new/recently printed Celtic Tarot Dragon deck and book set. Thinnest, cheapest, worst cardstock ever. So, so, so very bad... 👎🏻😡

G6

Oh dear, I just realized I wrongly maligned China. Looks like this cheap junk is printed in the good ole USA. Wonder if all these cheap decks are printed here?

G6

For the record, I prefer the cardboard stock (Shadowscapes/Linestrider) to the copy paper thin variety (Celtic Dragon Tarot).

G6

Llewellyn Cardstock Circa 2003

Okay, I have a Faery Wicca Tarot from 2003, which isn't as great as the Victoria Regina, but still WAY BETTER cardstock/printing than that recent Celtic Dragon turkey I traded away.

Essjay

My Green Witch arrived and it was the thick, cardboard stock and not the thin one I was hoping for. The shrink wrap was tight so it's warped and as yet not come out. The cards are not flat to the table in a spread. I've written to Llewelyn to explain how I feel. I'm not expecting a reply but simply to let them know what I've experienced.

It's a shame because I've been loving their output recently, just not the stock they present us with.

gregory

How odd. Mine is thin :)

Essjay

How odd. Mine is thin :)

It's so infuriating!! I'm fine with the thin - perfectly adequate for me. Why must I have this clunky stuff???

Sorry, rant over [emoji3]