Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 295 : March 25 - March 31

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the thread is here for Jan - Jun 2017.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).
(tarot only)

Deck of the Week Tarot Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum (Oracles and combined Tarot & Oracle readings)

Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Tarot of the Secret Forest
2. csmith0406 - Tabula Mundi Tarot Colores Arcus
3. Scarlet Woodland - Chrysalis Tarot & Archeon Tarot & Fallen Angel Oracle
4. Rose Lalonde - Tabula Mundi & Magickal Tarot
5. CharlotteK - Daniloff Tarot
6. BodhiSeed - Thoth& Vertical Oracle
7. Carojulie - Distant Past Tarot
8. AJ - Druid Animal Oracle
9. DaughterofDanu - Druidcraft & Starchild
10. Green Faerie - Victorian Fairy Tarot
11. MistyCheckers - Housewives Tarot
12. lantana - Prisma Visions
13. RiverRunsDeep - Hekate Tarot
14. Amberjune - Tyldwick Tarot & Earthbound Oracle (?)

VGimlet

I'm in with the final week of using Tarot of the Secret Forest.

It's an okay deck, but I find I haven't taken advantage of this two sided deck like I thought I would. I just find the color side easier to read with, overall.

csmith0406

I'm in with Spirit Speaks. This deck is a little puzzling to me, so I'm hoping this week will help me understand it better.

Scarlet Woodland

Thanks for the new thread VG.

I'm in with the Chrysalis Tarot, Archeon Tarot and Fallen Angel Oracle. Can't believe I haven't tried the Archeon & Fallen Angels together before... they look so perfect together.

Rose Lalonde

Tabula Mundi & Magickal

Thanks, VG!

CharlotteK

Hi VG - gosh Saturday again! I'll keep on with the Daniloff for this week.

BodhiSeed

I'm in this week with the Thoth paired with the Vertical Oracle - thank you VG. :heart:

Just had my husband pull a name for the Oriental Tarot giveaway, and it looks like the deck will be going to Carojulie! I'll pm you to get your address. :)

Carojulie

Hello VG !

I love this Deck of the Week community. I am amazed at how fast weeks are passing, and I think this community helps time pass quickly and happily ! It is a pleasure, each week, to realise that another week of work (in my big corporate world :( ) has passed, and has been sweetened by my work with a special tarot deck, and that it is time to choose a new deck for next week. It helps me so much when life gets tough in the real world. So thank you VG, and you all, every member of this community. You are helping making my life better ! :) Thank you so much :)

So this week I will give a go to my Distant Past tarot.

I have two decks for this one (the pocket size, and the extra large size) and will be using both in turn, depending of the situation. The pocket one is ideal for transporting during the day in my purse. When I have time at lunchbreak, and am alone, it is the perfect size to make a quick draw on the side of a desk or of a cafe table / the large size is just stunning, the way the pictures are enlarged and beautiful. It is better at home, with a large spread-cloth, but when I have room enough to use the large edition, it always gets my preference, it is just stunning. All in all, I am happy to be the lucky caretaker of the two sizes.

This Distant Past tarot I consider to be in more or less equal proportions, a WATER deck, and an AIR deck. Plus, it is very positive, no overly dark representations in this deck. Exactly what I need this week : things are tough in the office, and I will appreciate very much a joyous deck, with ann Air side to it that will enable me to "cool thigs down" and to "take some distance" ; and a Water side to it, that will "help my emotions flow gently and freely"

Thank you all, and have a great relaxing weekend !

I'm in this week with the Thoth paired with the Vertical Oracle - thank you VG. :heart:

Just had my husband pull a name for the Oriental Tarot giveaway, and it looks like the deck will be going to Carojulie! I'll pm you to get your address. :)

OMG, I am SO happy ! Thank you so much BodhiSeed. I really thing your offer was just so generous and nice and great.
I will need your Paypal adress to send you enough to cover shipping costs.
Also, I would love to offer you something in return : I sew, and crochet, and knit, and I make tarot pouches in any of these techniques ; would you enjoy a tarot pouch ? I also cast resin pendulums with crystal chips, if you are into orgone pendulums ?
I will PM you ASAP :) Thank you so much ! I am happy to be the lucky caretaker of this little jem of a deck :)
Have a wonderful weekend !

BodhiSeed

OMG, I am SO happy ! Thank you so much BodhiSeed. I really thing your offer was just so generous and nice and great.
I will need your Paypal adress to send you enough to cover shipping costs.
Also, I would love to offer you something in return : I sew, and crochet, and knit, and I make tarot pouches in any of these techniques ; would you enjoy a tarot pouch ? I also cast resin pendulums with crystal chips, if you are into orgone pendulums ?
I will PM you ASAP :) Thank you so much ! I am happy to be the lucky caretaker of this little jem of a deck :)
Have a wonderful weekend !

No worries on the postage, I'll gladly pay it. And this is a freebie, so no need to send me anything in return (but thank you for the kind offer)! :) Just pm me your address.

AJ

Druid Animal Oracle, thanks VG

When it first crossed my mind to get a tarot deck, and study the history and symbology of tarot, I got a used deck off Ebay. Guess what it was...this oracle. I spent many happy hours that summer studying my Tarot deck :)

Even though I've never gotten any better at reading animal decks, this deck will always hold a special place in my heart.