Visconti Sforza

celticnoodle

I just received in the mail from a dear friend, a copy of the Visconti Sforza Tarot deck, among others too. She sent it to me because she knew I would like the art work in it and I do! I can't keep my eyes off it! Its definitely EYE CANDY for me. :D

Anyone else have this beautiful deck?

In addition to the artwork, I just love the slenderness of the deck too. It feels good in my small hands. I can see this will soon be one of my favorite decks to read with, though I have yet to try it out in a reading. I'll be playing with it today and this weekend for sure though.

Anyone else have this deck and if so, how does it read for you? What do you think of it? I have been going through the cards, one by one since yesterday afternoon and I am just captivated with the Moon card itself. I think that is my favorite card in the deck! That lady in the card just grabs at me! The star card is also gorgeous too. The colors in this deck just WOW! me. :)

AnemoneRosie

This is the deck that I fell in love with as a 14-year old. It's what inspired me to learn to read :)

nisaba

You're talking about the goldfoil one? I use it on my public reader's table as an eye-catcher. Very glam.

I like the mini-version of it, too: no gold, but the very best Devil card I've ever, ever seen.

I also like the Cary-Yale reproduction: it replicates all the damage of the centuries that the original cards have suffered, and it's original size (about as wide as that one is high, and much, much higher).

Like Marseille decks, you start off thinking there is one, and then you get sucked into the Visconti-Sforza world - and collect them all! Muahahaha!

Nemia

It's one of the first five decks in my collection - I bought it many years ago. I'm not too keen on the multi-lingual titles but they disturb me less in this deck than in many others. It reminds me of a museum representation so I just let it go.

It's a very beautiful deck and I do feel sometimes that I'd like to have the Cary-Yale version...

I have Mary Packard's book which is interesting but not strictly necessary. It's easy to read with the deck using a mixture of Yoav's method, Deborah Lipp's method and my very own, a little astrology thrown in for good measure.

Note to self: get out this deck NOW and put it on the desk as work deck of the week!!!

celticnoodle

This is the deck that I fell in love with as a 14-year old. It's what inspired me to learn to read :)

I can understand why! :) T.Y. for your post. Did you learn to read w/this deck? Ever buy this deck?

celticnoodle

You're talking about the goldfoil one? I use it on my public reader's table as an eye-catcher. Very glam.

I like the mini-version of it, too: no gold, but the very best Devil card I've ever, ever seen.

I also like the Cary-Yale reproduction: it replicates all the damage of the centuries that the original cards have suffered, and it's original size (about as wide as that one is high, and much, much higher).

Like Marseille decks, you start off thinking there is one, and then you get sucked into the Visconti-Sforza world - and collect them all! Muahahaha!

Well, the one I have has black borders on the edge of the cards with the titles of the card written in gold. The friend who sent it to me, edged it also in black. She had told me that she did this and it really is a lovely job. Truly makes the pictures POP!

I didn't know there was also a mini version of it. I do think though that the gold in the pictures are what really makes the artwork so beautiful, you know? And, then with the black border and the black edging she did on it, as well. :) Uh-oh.....my wallet may be forced open for collecting more of them! :laugh:

Thnx for the enabling, Nisaba! :D

celticnoodle

It's one of the first five decks in my collection - I bought it many years ago. I'm not too keen on the multi-lingual titles but they disturb me less in this deck than in many others. It reminds me of a museum representation so I just let it go.

It's a very beautiful deck and I do feel sometimes that I'd like to have the Cary-Yale version...

I have Mary Packard's book which is interesting but not strictly necessary. It's easy to read with the deck using a mixture of Yoav's method, Deborah Lipp's method and my very own, a little astrology thrown in for good measure.

Note to self: get out this deck NOW and put it on the desk as work deck of the week!!!

you know, the multi-lingual titles are small enough and on the edge of the card that I hardly notice them tbh. Oh, you too, wanting to enlarge your Visconti deck collection, eh? :laugh: At least I am in good company! I have the book done by Giordano Berti and Tiberio Gonard. Its pretty good too. Thank you for your post too.

I've been playing with it a lot off and on since I received it and doing readings for myself. The readings were all questions for the near future, so I will see how accurate I read for myself with it.

AnemoneRosie

I can understand why! :) T.Y. for your post. Did you learn to read w/this deck? Ever buy this deck?

So, what happened was that the adults in my life, in an attempt to support me, pulled on their friends network and found someone who knew how to read Tarot. Who mentioned that of course it's best to learn with a RWS, and so that's what I got as a gift.
Which turned me off Tarot for the next ten years.

I have the gigantic Mary Packard version, which I read with. I bought it for myself a year ago. It's currently divided up for comte de mellet readings. I'd like to get a different edition as well, but I'm taking my time with it.

RiverRunsDeep

Indeed! :D

Anyone else have this beautiful deck?

I have a few different versions of the deck, but the one that is nearest and dearest to my heart is the earlier Pierpont Morgan USG version. I discovered it in my teens and was amazed by how historical and authentic it appeared. I simply had to have it! So glad you have discovered this beautiful deck, CN. :)

celticnoodle

So, what happened was that the adults in my life, in an attempt to support me, pulled on their friends network and found someone who knew how to read Tarot. Who mentioned that of course it's best to learn with a RWS, and so that's what I got as a gift.
Which turned me off Tarot for the next ten years.

I have the gigantic Mary Packard version, which I read with. I bought it for myself a year ago. It's currently divided up for comte de mellet readings. I'd like to get a different edition as well, but I'm taking my time with it.

Isn't that too bad? I bought the RW for my first deck too--and I wasn't thrilled with it--but soon after bought more tarot decks. By the time I was getting decks for others, I knew to purchase a deck they would like. I gifted my 16yr old niece w/the Golden Tarot by Kat Black--and she loved it. However, she just isn't that interested in learning the craft now at 25 and I'm not even sure she still owns it. But maybe she'll get back into it when ready.

Indeed! :D

I have a few different versions of the deck, but the one that is nearest and dearest to my heart is the earlier Pierpont Morgan USG version. I discovered it in my teens and was amazed by how historical and authentic it appeared. I simply had to have it! So glad you have discovered this beautiful deck, CN. :)

:) T.Y., RRD.