USG NEW TIN DECKS!!!!!!!!!!

ana luisa

I checked on Amazon (US) and the Sun and Moon is on back order with no availability date available.

I received my Barbara Walker in a tin from them last week and they're already out of stock on but there is an availability date: 2/23

Can you PLEASE PLEASE tell us how small the pics are ? I am ordering one but worried about them being miniscule...

banbha

Can you PLEASE PLEASE tell us how small the pics are ? I am ordering one but worried about them being miniscule...

The borders are too big but personally I'm finding not having difficulty seeing the images. I'm happy with a deck that I've wanted for ages.

I couldn't find my ruler so I took a picture with a quarter. My very rough measurements of the pictures themselves minus the border with taken with a giant Stanley tool is 2 3/4" tall by 2 1/4" wide.

It does look disappointing next to the tin cover though! And it has the copyright on the bottom right of each card and they print three years they renewed the © on each card: 1986, 2008, 2017. Seems like overkill. Even the backs have a (smaller) white border. I think they wanted to make a deck that was identical to the original but for the tin size. Let me know if you want to see any more pictures.

Attachments

• 33018141-19c7-4fb5-a382-21c35cd4d72f.jpg
    33018141-19c7-4fb5-a382-21c35cd4d72f.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 229

ana luisa

The borders are too big but personally I'm finding not having difficulty seeing the images. I'm happy with a deck that I've wanted for ages.

I couldn't find my ruler so I took a picture with a quarter. My very rough measurements of the pictures themselves minus the border with taken with a giant Stanley tool is 2 3/4" tall by 2 1/4" wide.

It does look disappointing next to the tin cover though! And it has the copyright on the bottom right of each card and they print three years they renewed the © on each card: 1986, 2008, 2017. Seems like overkill. Even the backs have a (smaller) white border. I think they wanted to make a deck that was identical to the original but for the tin size. Let me know if you want to see any more pictures.

Thank you SO MUCH for responding AND taking the time to measure the pictures!! :thumbsup: Yes, I agree with you, it's disappointing. It is even smaller than the LLewellyn classic I was about to trim but gave up. That one too has HUMUNGOUS borders... A shame but I guess it's either that or nothing. The original BW is selling for small fortunes and this girl here cannot splurge on cards for now. Have you tried it already ? Can you see the details or did you have to bring a magnifying glass ? :D
Note: with all this discussion about decks oing oop, I may grab a Navigators before they too decide to become a collector's item...

banbha

Thank you SO MUCH for responding AND taking the time to measure the pictures!! :thumbsup: Yes, I agree with you, it's disappointing. It is even smaller than the LLewellyn classic I was about to trim but gave up. That one too has HUMUNGOUS borders... A shame but I guess it's either that or nothing. The original BW is selling for small fortunes and this girl here cannot splurge on cards for now. Have you tried it already ? Can you see the details or did you have to bring a magnifying glass ? :D
Note: with all this discussion about decks oing oop, I may grab a Navigators before they too decide to become a collector's item...

You're very welcome; and yes, get a Navigators soon!

I've not tried it yet but I have spread it out and looked at all the images. I don't think I'll have too much trouble, but it will be a lean in deck for sure. :laugh:

I am happy to have one finally, despite its flaws there's just something about it I love. It is such a deck of its time. When I was a teenager I bought and pretty much read cover to cover BW's Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets. Perhaps that's why I don't find this deck creepy at all. :)

Still, it is a shame, for the images themselves, that they didn't try to adapt it to the tin size better or modernize those white borders.

ana luisa

Perhaps that's why I don't find this deck creepy at all.

I don't find it creepy either. It's "different" and slightly twisted but not creepy. In fact, some cards like the Strength or the Empress in David's are creepier than the BW's. ;)

Attachments

• davids-01983.gif
    davids-01983.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 204
  • dave3.jpg
    dave3.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 184

banbha

I don't find it creepy either. It's "different" and slightly twisted but not creepy. In fact, some cards like the Strength or the Empress in David's are creepier than the BW's. ;)

Woah! I have never seen David's Tarot before! Yes, those are a little creepy, creepy beautiful. :heart:

bonebeach

I've received my Wonderland tarot in a tin and I quite like it. I can't vouch for any of the other decks, but on this one the borders seem reasonable and the artwork shrinks down well. The cardstock does feel a bit thin, but that might just be because I've been grappling with some extra thick cards lately.

They riffle shuffle and bridge well, and keep their shape, and the tin is great, and they're generally adorable? I am satisfied.

delinfrey

By Navigators, did you mean Navigators of the Mystic Sea?