Fairytale Tarot- two of wands

moderndayruth

This was my daily drow.
The 2oW troll gave me the creeps that RWS Devil used to give me long time ago :eek:
The goat reminded me that we are still in Tevet/Capricorn, considered by Kabbalists to be one of the three "negative" months (other two being Tammuz-Cancer and Av-Leo).
Tevet, they say, manifest all the negative energy of Saturn - difficulties, pressures and problems of all kinds.
It's advisible not to make any important decisions with far-reaching consequences during this month.
This is the first time FT had a bluntly literal meaning for me...
"The threat over, the three billy-goats made their way to the hillside, where they became so fat that they could hardly walk home again."
Well, i did cheated with carbs (especially tonight ) and i did put on couple of kilograms during holidays :(
In the text Karen says it can signal slight feeling of depression and dissatisfaction... this is exactly how i felt today.

berrieh

I like this as the 2 of Wands, because I think it makes sense of a card, which many a deck gives a rather odd keyword. What the heck is dominion anyway? What does that even mean in this modern age? I wish they'd throw that word out.

Of course, the concept of 'ruling' (as dominion implies) along with the concept of the 2... well, they make an odd pair. 2s aren't sturdy 4s, able to hold order like The Emperor, and they aren't singular 1s, able to rule with a single purpose. 2 places can't be your domain. Only one can. Hence the idea of choice, which many people see implicit in the 2 of Wands. A good choice -- not like the 2 of Swords which has 2 bad choices. In the 2 of Wands, either choice is equally good. And it's up to you.

So, these Billy Goats show the "Grass is greener" aspect of the 2 of Wands. Being a wand, I'm willing to bet it implies the "new" choice has a leg up every time. Wands like motion, they like new, they like creation... They want to see what's on the other side of the bridge. And I like this card because it brings out that simple and rather annoying aspect in the 2 of Wands.

Of course, the troll is unmatched from the start, and the Billy Goats are never really in any danger. That's part of the ease of the story. They can graze on whichever side they please. Why wouldn't they want to try them both? :)

Queen of Disks

In my daily draws with this deck, I've had some interesting misadventures with the reversed Two of Wands, ranging from clogged toilets to missed busses and just blockages and obstacles in general.

This card to me represents overcoming whatever obstacle is in your way to get what you want-the reversed is what happens if you don't.

moderndayruth

Queen of Disks said:
In my daily draws with this deck, I've had some interesting misadventures with the reversed Two of Wands, ranging from clogged toilets to missed busses and just blockages and obstacles in general.

This card to me represents overcoming whatever obstacle is in your way to get what you want-the reversed is what happens if you don't.

QoD, thank you for sharing your insights :love:
I dont do reversals with this deck, i guess it's complex enough for me like this :D
This is the second deck by Karen and Alex i am studyng ( first one being Tarot of Prague) and the second one where i don't reverse cards... Don't know why, it happened spontaneously somehow. (I read RWS with reversals, though it did take me a while to dare ;) )