10 of pentacles

Thirteen

wind said:
For instance, it comes up in a very new relationship...I also got 10 of pentacles when asking for my driving lessons
If a card keeps coming up, then it may be that it's not trying to tell you anything about your question at all. It's possible that the deck has a message and it's trying to get that message across. Shuffle the deck well and ask it, "what are you trying to tell me?" Then lay out 4 piles. One for emotions/romance, one for communications/school, one for work/family/health and one for career/passions. Find the 10/Pents. That's the topic the cards are trying to talk to you about.

Now you can lay it out, shuffle the deck and ask questions about it, laying down cards to help clarify what the deck is trying to say to you.

If it is about established routine...what is the difference between 4 of pentacles?...Like keeping something to yourself, and 10 of pentacles is more like sharing?
I did a lot of research into 10/Pents not too long ago. It's a very interesting card as it's called "The Lord of Wealth." 4/Pents is holding onto one particular thing tight, usually for the moment, and that may well be a person or thing or whatever you have in the bank. So the stock market goes down and you hold onto your money--but eventually you will, probably, invest again. But 10/Pents is often about having so much of something that it actually loses it's meaning.

At that point, you have a choice. You can transform it so it does have meaning again (that's the legacy thing--you build a hospital with the money, so it's no longer meaningless money, but a place that saves lives), or you make its accumulation valuable in and of itself. Like billionaires who keeping wanting to make more money even though they could never, in a lifetime, spend what they've already got.

For example, do you or someone you know have a collection of items? Like teacups or anything with cats on it? When it started, each item with its cat on it was special. But pretty soon, the collection takes over the house, right? The bath towels have cats on them, pillows on the couch, the living room rug, the salt-and-pepper shakers...pretty soon, you're collecting almost as if you're in a contest to have the biggest collection of this stuff, not because it still means anything to you. That's the 10/Pents. Accumulating things for the sake of accumulating them. Surrounding yourself with stuff that has no meaning. Yes? So the message may simply be, clear up your clutter.

WalesWoman

I agree with your thoughts about this being an "old" sort of card, perhaps tied to traditions, so for a relationship reading, this is the house with the picket fence, the marriage, the home, the family and everything that family means.

I would think about the establishment & traditions of marriage, of home, of family with an eye to the future generations, your children and your children's children, as well as the rest of the families on both sides. I really like the depiction on Morgan-Greer, Celtic Dragon and many others, because it does seem to show a man and woman in front of a house, or entering it... not quite but on the same lines of crossing the threshold. It's ending a cycle and beginning a new one, on the physical/material plane. But it seems to say, this is ours, this is what we have created, have built and it's eternally ours.

afrosaxon

Hi wind,

In my various forum searches, I've come across a couple of threads that you've started about pentacles, especially those in relationships. These threads have been over the past few years.

I'm wondering if that 10 of Pentacles is not addressing this: you have a "legacy" of questions and issues about the pentacles suit, which is why this card is coming up for you (and pentacles, in general).

Perhaps this is a good time for you to sit down and do an intensive study of pentacles only? What they mean to you, how they make you feel, etc.

Just my $.02.

T.

wind

Hi, everyone,

thanks very much for your replies!

It is true that I've had issues before with pentacles, especially in relationship questions.
But somehow this works now, with experience I learnt some things.

Just this 10 of pentacles - this one I cannot get:) Especially in "young, fresh" relationships.

The thing is that this card is not coming so much for me, as it is coming up in readings for others. I do a lot of readings for other people and there this issue comes up. 10 of pentacles in a reading for a young girl asking about her crush with whom she has no deeper connection, for instance.

Ok, for my driving school I get it, that this is a system I am in.

Or for instance, I got 10 of pentacles for a person asking about her colleague - it turned out that this colleague has family connections with the company. Ok, this makes sense.

But with young girls and boys and their crushes...I don't know where to put this 10 of pentacles.

Also, I remember a reading I did a long time ago for a woman asking about an acquaintance that she liked - they were not close, just the attraction was there. I remember that in the future position for their developmen, I got 10 of pentacles. I still don't know what it meant because they never even dated.

So...I struggle with this card and what it wants to tell me regarding new relationships. Ok, if this was an established couple, I would understand. But for these fresh things, I don't:)

I was getting this card as part of my legacy issue and it did predict a good result.
But now I got it when asking about my love life, if I will meet someone serious - the result is 10 of pentacles. I read it as a good sign that I will make a lasting relationship with someone...eventually.

I don't know. This is confusing:)

nisaba

wind said:
The thing is that this card is not coming so much for me, as it is coming up in readings for others. I do a lot of readings for other people and there this issue comes up. 10 of pentacles in a reading for a young girl asking about her crush with whom she has no deeper connection, for instance.

But with young girls and boys and their crushes...I don't know where to put this 10 of pentacles.

So...I struggle with this card and what it wants to tell me regarding new relationships. Ok, if this was an established couple, I would understand. But for these fresh things, I don't:)
Every card means something different in different situations, otherwise we'd all have only 78 experiences that everybody in the world could have and that's nonsense. right? Tens are a bout the fullness of something. Pentacles are about the physical. Why can't teenagers, who are obssessed with body-stuff, and new lovers of any age, who are usually obsessed with body-stuff too, have it come up to indicate this relish in the physical and material side of the relationship?

aware7

From my experience the 10 of Pentacles even upright and not reversed can point to a negative influence because of traditions. I have lived in two different countries from mine and they are obsessed with tradition, their own and keeping outsiders at bay.

I got this card when I had readings to do with my future re my boyfriend from an Asian culture. This card meant that the obstacle in our relationship was his family because they saw me as an outsider whereas they would have liked him to establish himself with somebody of his own racial background and culture. Things have worked out now - but that card kept appearing when I wasn't introduced to his family because they were not keen to meet me.

It can be an incredibly positive card - if I got it in a reading now I would see it as positive, as being part of that family tradition.

It can also mean that wealth and the accumulation of it or lack thereof will be an issue for the future. Whether that's your own family or the family you marry into or become part of in another way. Or it can be telling you that you have the potential to establish a firm foundation for your future - when you are financially secure then it's possible for other things to fall into place.