The Byzantine Tarot

blue_fusion

I like the fact that the creators actually painted the art themselves. Although, come to think of it, a deck created from existing Byzantine artworks would also look wonderful too, scratches, patina and all.

(Still feeling sore from knowing that someone beat me to creating a Byzantine deck LOL)

desertrat

Found this short reference to it on a blog.;

It's just that I like pictures like this. They really give a sense of the kit, the reality of the cards, borders etc

It isn't strictly the first Byzantine Tarot, is it? The Golden Tarot of the Tsars also features these icons.

Looks beautiful

Thanks for posting this link. I am relieved to see Minors with scenes on them. Yippie!

Piasabird

I fell for this one! I'll preorder on Amazon and it will come in July along with my much anticipated Alchemical. Meantime, I decided to order The Golden Tarot of the Tsar. That should hold me! [emoji3]

magpie9

*DEEP SIGH* I have to wait until the first to order. Have I got it right that it's faster from Hallowquest than book depository?

Carla

It's been months and months since I've been excited about a tarot deck. I really want this one! :)

DaisyDragonfly

Saw it in Watkins, in London, yesterday. Looks beautiful. I was almost tempted to buy it there and then, but budgeting means I'll have to wait until next month.

agviz

I ordered this from Amazon on February 4th. It still hasn't shipped but it's in stores elsewhere. What the deuce?

Le Fanu

I ordered this from Amazon on February 4th. It still hasn't shipped but it's in stores elsewhere. What the deuce?
I ordered last week from an amazon seller. It has already been dispatched. Hoping it will be here this week.

I never do pre-order. Just NEVER! I just don't see the point. It's rarely dispatched quicker than other sellers and you have to sit back and watch it be in stock all over the place.

I learned that lesson with the Deviant Moon a loooong time ago.

agviz

I ordered last week from an amazon seller. It has already been dispatched. Hoping it will be here this week.

I never do pre-order. Just NEVER! I just don't see the point. It's rarely dispatched quicker than other sellers and you have to sit back and watch it be in stock all over the place.

I learned that lesson with the Deviant Moon a loooong time ago.

Oh! Well now I'm learning that too. :D

mydearruby

I don't know why but sometimes the pre-order comes cheaper than the regular one :D
I pre-ordered the Ring cycle and was charged 10 dollars less than the current price, which is weird.