Lleweyn vs Sharman-Casseli

ficbot

Which do you like better? My local bookstore has them both. I have been using the Fools Dog Llewelyn app and like it, but then I started comparing some of the images with the Sharman-Casseli and liked those better. I like too that they color-coded the suits. But on the whole that deck seems very yellow-toned to me. Lots of corn and blond hair ladies etc. And they took some liberties like adding a castle on one of the cards which is not there in the other...

The Llewelyn seems like a bolder deck to me, brighter. But many of the cards look very homogenous to me. All the court cards look the same, for instance. And some of the faces are odd-looking.

What I am looking for is something Rider-Waite since I am still learning, but prettier. Both of these have an app for on-the-go, and both of them can be bought retail. Which of these two do you think is better?

journeyinghome

Hi there. I'm sure this discussion came up fairly recently. I'll try to find the relevant thread....

But personally, I love the Llewellyn, and sold on my copy of the Sharman-Caselli. Both are great decks, I just prefer the look of the watercolour Llewellyn and the details.

Oh hang on a min, do you mean the Llewellyn or the Llewellyn Classic? (I'm talking about the former)

Telspepper

Delete

Telspepper

I like The Llewellyn Classic Tarot better. I prefer The Universal Waite Tarot to the Sharman-Caselli Deck.

feynrir

Llewellyn Classic all the way. :love: It's a very good reader for me.

INIVEA

I have both decks, in my honest opinion, get the LMS deck, to many bonuses with it. #1 borderless, :D this deck when hands on, very readable, colors true to mood of each card.

If your wondering what LMS deck is, its the Llewellyn's Classic Tarot, I made that Abbreviation up, because it is a clone of the RWS, so LMS is Llewellyn Moore Smith :D

I Found with the SC, too much red and yellow, look at the wands suit, compared to the other suits, it overpowers them. I found when using this deck, that there wasn't that flow with the cards when laid out in a spread.

So if your a fan of RWS, get the LMS deck, if not get the Radiant RWS.

ana luisa

If only you could get the Llewellyn classic ...

Attachments

• t-llewellyn.jpg
    t-llewellyn.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 139

Quester

Hands down The Llewellyn Classic.

INIVEA

The card pictures in your link are actually from the deck titled, "The Llewellyn Tarot." :)

The "Llewellyn's Classic Tarot" is illustrated by Eugene Smith, and it comes with a companion book by Barbara Moore:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/llewellyns-classic-tarot/

Just clarifying! The naming similarity is confusing indeed.
That's exactly why I came up with the Abbreviation LMS deck = Llewellyn Moore Smith, just like RWS = Rider Waite Smith, Hehe see the connection, luv it

Smith and Smith illustrations, Moore and Waite book, Rider and Llewellyn publishers. LMS is a good clone, hint; Smith :D