the most sought after / desirable / killed for decks

FaireMaiden

Sinduction said:
Considering there's a second edition on Amazon going for $90, I'd say no. :D

I didn't think to do the saved search. Thanks for the heads up!
Oh! Oh, well, I guess I got a good deal then!... Thanks for that, *vbs*

Yeah, do the 'Search', and just be patient (easier said than done, I know, *lol*)... and be sure to ask the Seller if it has the silver-gilt edging!

Alta

I have the Greg Hoose LongMoment, but I think those decks are only desirable to certain collectors.

Annabelle

I've reached a point at which I've already found most of my "dream" decks. Even ones I thought I'd never see turn up, like the Granny Jones, are now in my collection.

I still yearn for a wooden Kashmiri, though . . . or even a regular one (and yeah, I know I can buy a regular one if I want, but it is a lot of money). And I want to buy a few more of the majors-only decks that Adam McLean has printed recently.

And of course, there's always the Pamela A (or B or C). Maybe someday I'll happen to have a stack of money sitting around at the right moment....sigh.

gregory

Alta said:
I have the Greg Hoose LongMoment, but I think those decks are only desirable to certain collectors.
ER - if you ever............ PM me :D

Bernice

I've looked everywhere for the Amber - no luck. Also the playing card deck El Mundo by Violetta Monreal. I have the 'virtual' images of both decks - just sit and drool at 'em on the screen.

Bee

HearthCricket

I am feeling pretty settled with what I have. I do have my little wishlist and plan to get those decks, but beyond that I see myself as being extremely selective. I find I am more interested in collecting decks that I will be using and have found what will be my favourites, already. You never know what is coming around the corner, but I don't see myself as collecting another 100 decks, per se! There are some amazing decks out there. It is hard to beat them! I look most forward to Ciro's new deck, Kat Black's new deck and Shadowscapes. In retrospect, I think I have enough decks to last me a lifetime and then some!!

Scion

Hey Bernice,

I can tell you that the Amber does turn up, though it comes in (apologies to the Americans) waves for some reason... Nothing for long stretches and then a spate all together. I trade a lot and at one point I had 3 sets! It seemed like everyone in Belgium had decided to dump it simultaneously. The trick is to keep your eyes open. But there's an Amber out there for you. :)

S

Bernice

The Amber deck:

Scion - you give me HOPE! Thank you.

But had a thought - if it appears on e-bay I'll never be able to get it. Don't have PayPal. Are there any other sites that people trade on - preferably english, then payment & postage would be straight-forward.

Thank you Scion :)

Bee

northsea

roppo said:
In passing, Royal Fez Morrocan and Vieville -- they are still on sale in Japanese tarot webshops at regular price (about $30). Some accept foreign orders and shipping.

Any webshops with an English language option?

northsea

Last fall, I sold a couple of Wonderland decks I had forever but didn't like too much for about the same price I paid for them. It had just gone out of print, but seemed readily available if I ever changed my mind and wanted to get another. Now it's not easy to find, even though there must be millions in circulation, and the price is over $50 and rising. It will probably wind up being the next $400 Stick Figure deck.