Crystal Collection for a Budding Enthusiast

yannie

Just a word of warning about moldavite: There is a LOT of fake moldavite out there. Before you buy, do your research and understand how to identify the fake material. And only buy from reputable sources. I know many people who have gotten scammed with moldavite (and other stones, too).

I would imagine references are the chief way to identify fake moldavite online. As for in person, being able to feel the energy would help. The energy of moldavite is POWERFUL. You'd feel it straightaway & it'd affect you for (in my case) hours afterwards. When I first held it energy shot up my arm & through all my chakras, like :bugeyed:

Energy is how I identify whether a rock is what others say it is. I can feel it from pictures too :)

celticnoodle

I would imagine references are the chief way to identify fake moldavite online. As for in person, being able to feel the energy would help. The energy of moldavite is POWERFUL. You'd feel it straightaway & it'd affect you for (in my case) hours afterwards. When I first held it energy shot up my arm & through all my chakras, like :bugeyed:

Energy is how I identify whether a rock is what others say it is. I can feel it from pictures too :)

agreed. and the source from whom my moldavite came from had papers showing that it was the genuine stuff. Plus, its energy was quite strong and bothered me for awhile at first until I got the pietersite and also had to slowly get myself accustomed to it. I'm fine with it now, thankfully.

celticnoodle

celticnoodle, I have a small correction to make: moldavite is not a crystal, it does not have a crystalline structure. It is the solidification of fusion rocks that were hit by a meteorite. Therefore it has the structure of glass.

Yes. you are correct. I refer to them as crystal--but they aren't really a crystal. It is from a meterorite. I knew this. My apologies if I threw people off. Its just easier to refer to it as a crystal, (for me anyway)

Michellehihi

Yes. you are correct. I refer to them as crystal--but they aren't really a crystal. It is from a meterorite. I knew this. My apologies if I threw people off. Its just easier to refer to it as a crystal, (for me anyway)

I understand, no problem!

Michellehihi

My dear AT friends, I have a serious question to discuss. I have a friend geologist. He has a PHD in geology, meaning he knows a lot about stones, right?
Well, it happens that every time I want to discuss with him about the power of stones, the energy the carry, etc, he laughs. He says none of this exists in reality, stone are part of the "non-living" world, and finds it silly to give anthropomorphic caracteristics to a stone.
I would like your echoes on this.

Padma

My dear AT friends, I have a serious question to discuss. I have a friend geologist. He has a PHD in geology, meaning he knows a lot about stones, right?
Well, it happens that every time I want to discuss with him about the power of stones, the energy the carry, etc, he laughs. He says none of this exists in reality, stone are part of the "non-living" world, and finds it silly to give anthropomorphic caracteristics to a stone.
I would like your echoes on this.

Everyone has their own beliefs. *shrug* if he is not sensitive enough to feel the stones, and does not believe in them, that is his right and his choice. Just as it is your right to believe or not believe in them, as you wish. Some people are overwhelmed by crystal energy, other people feel nothing. It's a personal thing.

I had a fantastic discussion with the head of the science department at University of E______ and she was really interested in them, and she believed. And she is one of the sharpest scientific minds in the known world. So it is clearly and individual thing.

Also, here is a science fact for your friend: both the crystals and ourselves are made of stardust. True fact! :D Says so right in the entrance to the gem pavilion in the Smithsonian Institute here in DC.

:)

Michellehihi

Everyone has their own beliefs. *shrug* if he is not sensitive enough to feel the stones, and does not believe in them, that is his right and his choice. Just as it is your right to believe or not believe in them, as you wish. Some people are overwhelmed by crystal energy, other people feel nothing. It's a personal thing.

I had a fantastic discussion with the head of the science department at University of E______ and she was really interested in them, and she believed. And she is one of the sharpest scientific minds in the known world. So it is clearly and individual thing.

Also, here is a science fact for your friend: both the crystals and ourselves are made of stardust. True fact! :D Says so right in the entrance to the gem pavilion in the Smithsonian Institute here in DC.

:)
thank you because I need to have something "scientific" to tell him!
You are right, maybe he does not have a sharp sensitivity...I know that with him I cannot discuss about God or faith, things like that. He is very very practical and down to earth.

Padma

thank you because I need to have something "scientific" to tell him!
You are right, maybe he does not have a sharp sensitivity...I know that with him I cannot discuss about God or faith, things like that. He is very very practical and down to earth.

Well, everyone is entitled to their beliefs! Personally, I don't feel it is my job to convert others, I just get on with what I love, and let them get on with their lives, and enjoy whatever mutuality there is. If he is very practical, then enjoy those qualities in him :) That would be my advice, based on experience.

Michellehihi

Well, everyone is entitled to their beliefs! Personally, I don't feel it is my job to convert others, I just get on with what I love, and let them get on with their lives, and enjoy whatever mutuality there is. If he is very practical, then enjoy those qualities in him :) That would be my advice, based on experience.

Yes you are right. He is so grounded. So calm. Like a rock ( no joke). He is my anchor, when I panic I call him. Nothing is dramatic for him, he always reminds me of the millions years that the earth was without humain beings.

celticnoodle

I agree with Padma, Michellehihi. I was also just going to post that EVERYTHING has energy in it. Rocks, people, plants--everything. And, some people can feel and see this energy, where others don't even recognize it at all. Crystals are commonly used in many ways to help us in everyday life too. Without the properties of these crystals, we'd not have pacemakers and defibrillators. Without crystals, watches and clocks wouldn't be able to keep time so accurately. We need the properties of the quartz crystal to keep watches and clocks running smoothly and accurately. Quartz crystals also are used in some other small machines, because the quartz crystals have a vibration to them that make these items work.

IF they have a vibration in them to make machines work, then why can't people often feel and reap the benefits of these lovely crystals as well? We can! And, so, I believe that we are able to tap into their power to help us heal in addition to having them help us in the running of these machines too.

As you know, there are a lot of people in our world who do not believe in many things. They do not believe in psychics--yet, so many psychics are able to accurately tell you things that they can't possibly know. How is this so?

There are so many mysteries in our world. Crystals are just one of them. They have been used successfully for centuries - even in primitive civilizations--to help mankind, and I am sure we have yet to even realize their full potential.