RWS Wheel of Fortunes Sphinx - why blue?

lucifall

brightcrazystar said:
All the cards with the Kerubs are connected. This is one of those cards that has a key component that tells you that the spirits might want to give a sign, in this case, the book the kerubs have tell you that oration or "automatic" writing is the preferred medium. This would include channeled artwork or sketching, btw.
Do you mean the keys where the kerubs are sole do have a key-sign- compenent?
Hierophant-Taurus;Strength- Leo; Death-Scorpio;Star-Aquarius?

On X are pictured the 2nd, 5th, 8th,and 11th sign.They add to 26 as IHVH does.
The Kerubim are the living powers of the Tetragrammaton on the material plane and the Presidents of the four elements.
These living powers operate through the fix signs of the Zodiac.
On X and XXI all Kerubs are pictured.
Bull,Lion,Eagle,a female (reading)Angel on the Wheel of Fortune, and
Bull,Lion,Eagle, male man on XXI The world.
I understand the dancing lady is androgyn. Is this a link to the fact that the female angel of X changes into the male man on XXI?

Luci

brightcrazystar

I can't betray my oaths and say yes. But I won't say no if you are right.

I am officially NOT saying no.

;)

lucifall

brightcrazystar said:
the blue in the background is for Sagittarius and Luna
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2807/erkm8mksg2.jpg
Under the foot of the female angel there is a line what looks like a moon in a waxing crescent phase .
Also the glyph for Jupiter is a cross with a waxing moon on an arm of the cross.
The cross we find in the middle of the wheel (in two-fold)
8 spokes as the 8 phases of the Moon are pictured in the same way.
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8/5xelefpckm.gif

The snake shows 13 curves, which corresponds with the moon which covers on the average thirteen degrees per day and there are thirteen lunations in the year.

luci

lucifall

brightcrazystar said:
I can't betray my oaths and say yes. But I won't say no if you are right.

I am officially NOT saying no.

;)
Ok Christal Clear
:)

Luci

Cara Jackson

I bow my head in reverence and thanks Cara

Gosh, so detailed! I hope you are writing a book about all your researchbrightcrazystar ? Thanks also to all teh other very useful comments.

Thanks for all the tips, hope you can help me out on the next one, brightcrazystar - Justice.? x Cara

Nick

Wow I have just started looking into the symbols of this card.

What triggered it was reading a book called "The Gods of Eden" by William Bramley, and the part of the book I have read so far deals with humans being a race created by an alien culture to toil the earth. Anyway he points to a passage in the Bible - Ezekiel 1 - It's old testament, so must also be in the Torah too.

In this book Ezekiel details an encounter with "God" Jahova or YHWH if you like. Basically the description is of an alien craft landing on Mt Sinai and 4 aliens coming out of the craft. They are described as winged creatures each having the face of man, an ox, a lion and an eagle - These four figures are found in each corner of the WoF card. There is also the symbol of the serpent in there, which seems to be a massively important not only in Abrahamic religions but in the belief system of a large number of ancient civilizations.

The aliens are described as moving around on wheels - well thats obviously the wheel in the card.

So I wonder if the sphynx bearing the sword does not represent the "rotating sword" or the angel with the sword that was sent to guard the tree of life, after the first humans "ate" from the tree of knowledge as mentioned in Genesis?

Richard

Nick said:
Wow I have just started looking into the symbols of this card.

What triggered it was reading a book called "The Gods of Eden" by William Bramley, and the part of the book I have read so far deals with humans being a race created by an alien culture to toil the earth. Anyway he points to a passage in the Bible - Ezekiel 1 - It's old testament, so must also be in the Torah too.
Actually, the Torah consists of the five books of Moses: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy. Ezekiel is part of the Nevi'im (Prophets). It is a canonical book of the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible), but the main scriptural emphasis in Judaism is the Torah.

Richard

Nick said:
.....There is also the symbol of the serpent in there, which seems to be a massively important not only in Abrahamic religions but in the belief system of a large number of ancient civilizations.
The Nachash (Serpent), which tempted Eve, is numerically equivalent to Meshiach (Messiah), and there is thought to be a parallel between the Serpent on the Tree of Knowledge and the Christ on the cross. The Serpent is also a symbol for the fixed sign Scorpio, symbolically sort of in between the Scorpion and the Eagle.
Attachment: Serpent on the Tree of Knowledge and on the Tree of Life.

Attachments

• nachash.jpg
    nachash.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 168

Cara Jackson

Serpent and man prime core theory

OK, know this SO isnt 'Tarot' (but surely, Tarot at its roots is getting knowledge of all that 'is'?) BUT . . . some say that originally this planets neanderthol (scuse spelling) primates were tampered with by aliens - namely lizard like Draconians (linked to snake) and therefore the much anticipated but still 'missing link' between neanderthols and manking) will forever remain just that . . . that our genes were advanced and a leap was made, hence teh snake and human chinese-whisper story in teh bible. Dont mean to irritate any firm bible believers, its just a theory some put out there... food for thought. . .. oh, by the way, manking got baser emotions/drive, their basal ganglion changed, there were pluses and minuese - its all yin and yang, eh? x

Richard

In all fairness, the Bible passage in Exekiel does read like an encounter with alien spacecraft and such, or else Zeke was having a "trip." (Psilocybin mushrooms do grow in the Holy Land, don't they?) The prophets were sort of the Hebrew version of shamans. They were mediums for relaying the messages of the gods to men. (They were the opposite of the priests, who communicated the prayers of men to the gods.)

Nowadays prophets are called mystics, and they generally are not very popular with the Christian ecclesiastical establishment because they tend to wander outside the box of orthodoxy.

Getting back on topic, yes, perhaps the sphinx is guarding the way to the Tree of Life. However, theoretically the Christ-event renders the sword harmless against believers. It is only effective against the non-believers. Or something like that..... :)