Which RWS?

cybercat

When you do buy do not buy from Amazon.com if you want the new Chinese printings. Go to a local bookstore for those. I just got a RWS from amazon it is still the Italy printing.

Laura Borealis

cybercat said:
When you do buy do not buy from Amazon.com if you want the new Chinese printings. Go to a local bookstore for those. I just got a RWS from amazon it is still the Italy printing.
Of which one?

And what's the difference between the Italy and China versions?

Richard

laura_borealis said:
Of which one?

And what's the difference between the Italy and China versions?

Besides the sunburned Page of Swords, some of the Italian cards, such as Temperance, have very blotchy, diseased-looking complexions.

Italian on left, Chinese on right.

Attachments

• itch.jpg
    itch.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 162

Richard

Temperance

Attachments

• temperance.jpg
    temperance.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 157

GryffinSong

LRichard said:
Besides the sunburned Page of Swords, some of the Italian cards, such as Temperance, have very blotchy, diseased-looking complexions.

The font is totally different too.

Richard

GryffinSong said:
The font is totally different too.
The Italian uses a printer font, the Chinese has the original (?) calligraphy.

GryffinSong

LRichard said:
The Italian uses a printer font, the Chinese has the original (?) calligraphy.

Exactly. And the printer font they chose on the Italian deck is absolutely terrible for the artwork of that deck. ;)

Laura Borealis

LRichard said:

Shocking :eek:

But it still doesn't tell me which RWS y'all are talking about. The Commemorative? (I assume, now.) Or one of several others that were mentioned?

Le Fanu

It must be the yellow box one. That's the only one that has the computer font.

Laura Borealis

That's what I thought, but it followed a rec for the Commemorative (and Universal, but I knew they weren't talking about that one.) And then I thought, who knows what U.S. Games would do? I wouldn't put it past them to stick a computer font on Pixie's own deck.