Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Which RWS?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith

Resident

PixiJones 

Illuminated is my very favorite, but I also love many of the others already listed.
Top   #21
Citizen

cybercat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRichard View Post
Temperance
Yes, it is the yellow box for that is the Italy version of RWS.

I think the Italian is better in more ways. Color is better and you do not have dot pixals all over the place.
Top   #22
Citizen

caridwen 

The Original Waite is the first deck I bought and I love it. I have tried other versions of the Rider but this one for me is the best.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...te/index.shtml

I would also like the Pamela Coleman Smith Commemorative Set which looks like the Original but I haven't seen it.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...te/index.shtml

In fact the Commemorative Set looks slightly darker than my beloved Original so maybe I'd prefer that. I'm not sure

eta if you are looking for a deck to study, there is a large version of the Rider Waite which I have always fancied but never bought. It would be perfect for studying but wear sunglasses
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/giant-rider-waite/
Top   #23
Citizen

ann823 

I really like the Commemorative set, I wish they would have just the deck from that availalbe without all the other stuff. I hope it doesn't go out of print. I had a Universal but the plastic lamination made it unpleasant to use. I got a printed in Belgium version and they're not expensive. They show up on ebay and Amazon marketplace-the seller will say it is a different box(mine has the boy with the bird on one side and the queen of pents on the other side.) It's a fine coloring and not overlaminated.
Top   #24
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

Thanks for the input, everyone. Since I mainly wanted an RWS deck to use with my BOTA study material (been too lazy to color my BOTA b&w deck) and not for reading, I got the Radiant RWS. But the lamination is HORRIBLE and the stench is INDESCRIBABLE! If I ever get one for reading, it will be the Original or the Commemorative (but I do see an Albano lurking in the cabinet at Borders . . .).
Top   #25
Le Mat

Richard 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
.....(but I do see an Albano lurking in the cabinet at Borders . . .).
My Albano was the worst smelling deck I've ever had. Beware of those which are printed in Italy.
Top   #26
Citizen

jackdaw* 

Oh wow, has the Chinese print got the original calligraphy? Sweet Will have to keep an eye out, at least until I luck into a blue box Rider & Co. Or a Pam A
Top   #27
sporadic magic

Debra 

It looks like the image has been cropped--there's a smidge off the sides, compare the two.
Top   #28
Wanderer

Emily 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann823 View Post
I really like the Commemorative set, I wish they would have just the deck from that availalbe without all the other stuff.
I wish they would make this available as just the deck too. I'd love another copy of this version but don't really want to buy the whole set again.
Top   #29
Citizen

caridwen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I wish they would make this available as just the deck too. I'd love another copy of this version but don't really want to buy the whole set again.
I'd really like the deck as I don't want to set. It's too expensive and I can't afford it
Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.