What Oracle decks do you consider must haves?

SunChariot

lark said:
So very true.
So very wise.
And so very well put SunChariot.
Exactly my feeling on the Faeries too.

Thanks.:)

Well I can see you like your faeries. as your title mentions you as a prairie faery. :)

I am getting more and more fascinated myself. I've been off reading about them in any of Brian's books I can find and on the Web.

Imagine how fascinated I will be once I actually USE the deck. LOL

I can't wait to try the exercises in the book. The one where you spread out all the faery cards and dance with them sounds so liberating. I can remember dancing with joy, but it HAS been a while. :)

Have a great weekend!

Bar

Elven

Thankyou Sun Chariot, that has convinced me! Tomorrow I will be scouring every book shop in the Mountains to see if there's one about! Another adventure to look forward to! ((((((((Shopping for oracle decks))))))))

Blessings
Elven x

SunChariot

Elven said:
Thankyou Sun Chariot, that has convinced me! Tomorrow I will be scouring every book shop in the Mountains to see if there's one about! Another adventure to look forward to! ((((((((Shopping for oracle decks))))))))

Blessings
Elven x

Even the hardcover book that comes with the deck is beautiful, although Good Faeries/Bad Faeries is even more beautiful...

For what it's worth, I buy all my decks online. I got mine at Amazon...Amazon.ca in my case as I am in Canada. If you can't find it in a bookstore, I am sure you can find it online.

Really hope you enjoy it! And I am wishing you some great future readings with it.:)

Bar

Kissa

just received froud's faeries oracle but haven't melted yet. so different. trying to hang in there and not trade it straight away.

druid animal oracle: gorgeous, lots of symbolism, by the same artists as the druidcraft so beautiful turmented skies, nature very realistic yet mystical.

beasts of albion? good art for the animals but don't like the background or the human artefacts (jewelry) added in a non natural way to the animals.

my fave is the druid animal oracle, without any doubt.

sorry you have to kick yourself once more, Annabelle... ;)

kissa

SunChariot

Kissa said:
just received froud's faeries oracle but haven't melted yet. so different. trying to hang in there and not trade it straight away.

kissa

Although not all decks are for everyone, if you have not yet read the book, my suggestion is to do so. You may change your mind about the Faerie Oracle after:) The deck is way more than the imagery on it. And it really is a very very unique deck and has to be understood in a different way from any other deck I have seen or heard of.

Bar

WolfSpirit

Kissa said:
druid animal oracle: gorgeous, lots of symbolism, by the same artists as the druidcraft so beautiful turmented skies, nature very realistic yet mystical.

beasts of albion? good art for the animals but don't like the background or the human artefacts (jewelry) added in a non natural way to the animals.

my fave is the druid animal oracle, without any doubt.

Yes that was my opinion too...I like decks with animals, but I could not get used to the beasts of albion, those animals with jewelry on them - so I traded them away.
The druid animal oracle has gorgeous artwork and it is also a deep deck, imo.

Froud's faeries:
I am not a fan of faeries, but I like this deck because of the psychological approach to the card meanings. The deck does not make things easy for you and tells it just like it is. I see the faeries more as characteristics of my own personality ~ as was already said so eloquently by SunChariot :)

BTW, I just got the Dreaming In Color deck - the cards look really lovely in real life ! (thanks for the gentle nudge, Bar ;) ) I'll post in DIC thread once I have used them a bit, for now I have only looked at the cards.

SunChariot

WolfSpirit said:
Yes that was my opinion too...I like decks with animals, but I could not get used to the beasts of albion, those animals with jewelry on them - so I traded them away.
The druid animal oracle has gorgeous artwork and it is also a deep deck, imo.

Froud's faeries:
I am not a fan of faeries, but I like this deck because of the psychological approach to the card meanings. The deck does not make things easy for you and tells it just like it is. I see the faeries more as characteristics of my own personality ~ as was already said so eloquently by SunChariot :)

BTW, I just got the Dreaming In Color deck - the cards look really lovely in real life ! (thanks for the gentle nudge, Bar ;) ) I'll post in DIC thread once I have used them a bit, for now I have only looked at the cards.

You're very welcome. :) And thanks for the compliment. I have already used teh DIC deck twice, and it has been very good for me. Not only are the images beautiful, but I have been finding a lot of depth in the meanings. Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences of them.

I have yet to try my Faeries' Oracle. I love them already though and have become fascinted by faeries. And I love them because the method suggested in the book promotes so much laughter and lightheartedness and pure joy and wonder. :)

Don't laugh, but I woke up in the middle of the night last night and before I fell asleep again, I heard what sounded like whispering in my ear. I couldn't make out what it was saying, but my first thought was, oh it must be a faery. :) I just took it as a sign that the deck and cards have something they need to tell me. Although I have a feeling my faeries are going to become "real" for me, more than paper cards, but real personalities.

But I ordered 3 decks that came in last week, and I am trying to work on them in the order they came. LOL

I have already tried and am really happy with the Dreaming in Color deck, then I got my Margarete Petersen deck which I will get to next weekend. And then I will get on the the Faeries' Oracle. Can't wait to try the last two.. :)

Bar

Psychebleu

I don't have many, but my favorites (and ones I actually use) are Cartouche and The Phoenix Cards. The Phoenix cards aren't used for any kind of prediciton, but are very psychologically insightful. Also The Rune Cards (by Ralph Blum) are great because they do for the runes what illustrated Minor Arcana cards do for tarot pips.

Sophie

Depends on taste, of course ;)

Of my collection, I'd say, in no order of preference (I go through phases of one or the other):

Druid Animals
Froud's Faeries
Black Angels
Angel Blessings
Universe Cards

All touch different spots in me. The Druid Animals make me aware of the "animal instinct" aspects of me & my kinship with other species; Froud's Faeries are elemental, playful and give answers from angles I don't expect; the Black Angels are generous soul cards that help me follow a creative path, validate my choices or show me where I am asleep; the Angel Blessings sing like a mother's soothing hand or gently stern voice; and the Universe Cards make me feel like a star in a beautifully evolving universe & mark the thresholds of my great life movements. All these work well in readings for others.

MareSaturni

Sacred Path Cards are really great. The book is fantastic, give many insights. You can meditate a lot on their meanings. For me they are more for a personal use - not the oracle you take with you to read at coffee shops (spcially because it's much more useful if you have the book with you).

Lenormand is also great, i think it's definitely a must-have. I have three lenormand decks. It helps you to develop you intuition a lot since the cards don't have 'fixed' meanings and must be read together (at least 3 cards). AND, you can take it anywhere (the cards are small).

Jane Lyle's is an interesting one. The cards are SO beautiful and the book is interesting (even if i personally don't like her method much). Go for it if you are interested in cartomancy with playing cards!

I've just received the Wicca Pack. The cards are beautiful and so is the book. I still have to use it more in order to see if it's worth!

~Yuko