Gilded Tarot: The Lovers

MissCW

starrystarrynight said:
If it is supposed to suggest a significant life choice, all I can say is, "I'll have some of what she's having."

Lol! Me too!!

Disa

I like your interpretation, Kenny. When you put it into words like this it reminds me of my Virgo husband, so grounded and sometimes(not always) naive to the divine. He reaches out to hold his pisces wife,( me), from escaping into the otherworld.

I agree this is a card of ecstasy and the woman is definitely at home reaching for the divine-but the choice must be balanced. Too much of either thing(being grounded or floating with the stars) is not good, but a little of both is wonderful.

cirom

starrystarrynight said:
...my cheeks get red and my toes curl when I look at this card... ;)

If it is supposed to suggest a significant life choice, all I can say is, "I'll have some of what she's having."

LOL That has to be the funniest post I've ever read here on Aeclectic, I just had to read it to my wife who is of course the lady in question, wonderfull :)

RubyRuby

LOL, cirom, I don't even know how to follow that up. If that's your wife, man, she's hot! And I don't even swing that way.

Good job on the card. I do have to agree with starrystarrynight. It is a toe curling card.

cirom

RubyRuby said:
LOL, cirom, I don't even know how to follow that up. If that's your wife, man, she's hot!

Well I won't pass on that comment otherwise she'll have me bringing her breakfast in bed for the next few days as she does her little Cleopatra routine. :)

BTW she is also Temperance.

Fallen Angel

Heya,

Hey guys, glad to join in here, Im a guilded LOVER !! haha...seriously though, after using the Tarot Classic for like 10 years this was my next deck. Well, anyways, i love it, and they are my fav little babies at the moment !

Anyway, the reason for me hitting on this thread is I came across the Lovers in a spread I did for my current bloke. He is a little on the "cup half empty" side of life so I agreed to do his reading based on his love situation in the next 5 years. Tricky I know, seen as I am currently a part of it, but anyway, I wanted him to feel better about things so I agreed.

He got the Lovers as his outcome/final card. Well, of all the times I got this I didnt really notice how much the woman is like me...I mean Ive read this I dont know how many times but never paid attention to the fact that she is an earth sign (Im Taurean, earth) and she is in contact with the spiritual side. And well other things to, I mean I really related to her. Freaky as Im not sure I see myself with him in 5 years...I mean I never thought about it really.

Anyway, I supose the reading is based on what he wants, not what i want :)

But for sure now when I look at the card I go all tingly inside...tres sexy card ;)

Celticwoman

my thoughts

I love this card. I had to look it at several times before I got anything out of it. But what I see is also a balance, or two halves of a whole. Neither can achieve their goal without the other. He lifts her up and for me this represents his support. Yet he also holds her by the wrist, which to me signifies that he cannot thrive without her. So they each need the other.

Im still new to the tarot and my interpretation may be way off base, but this is what I got from that card.

Miren

cirom said:
Well I won't pass on that comment otherwise she'll have me bringing her breakfast in bed for the next few days as she does her little Cleopatra routine. :)

BTW she is also Temperance.

One thing I really like about your deck is that you use real people for the pictures and yet they're definitely illustrations, not photographs (at least not entirely). I've almost never seen such a smooth effect done with graphic art, no wonder you win awards.

And I agree that this card makes me think "I'll have some of what she's having," though not quite in those words. It's beyond simple sexuality, but a union...which I see in the spark (for lack of a better term) in the upper middle of the card. It's two people joining together to become one person, one idea...it's an artistic expression of a feeling I get inside sometimes when I'm with my fiance. I still haven't been able to put it into words, but this picture gets some of it. :)

Lady_Anstria

The Lovers...

To reiterate a post I made in the opening thread: This is the most beautiful deck I have ever seen, and the lovers card one of the most powerful, the imagery spellbinding. The man is unable to attain cosmic consciousness except through the woman; he at once dominates and honours her, holding her fast in his grip yet looks up to her. Each is necessary to the other - she needs his strength and limiting control - he needs he open receptivity and powerful intuition. Only in union can each achieve perfection and completion. Together, they are illuminated; the water of life sustains their union and feeds their spiritual power.

I just received the deck from Amazon and have not had a chance to work with it yet, but already I resonate with it powerfully. There is power in raw sexuality of course, and I am delighted the creator of the deck had the courage to represent the Eros force so vividly and honestly - it is the force of becoming, of evolution, not only of the soul, but of all creation.

Well done!

veniteangeli

There is a choice in love - to choose to give yourself to it so completely, the way the woman here looks like she is doing :)

And the way he's holding her, looks like equal parts grounding and worshiping her, if you ask me!