Aeon-Shin-Tooth

Grigori

I stumbled across this when reading Liber ABA last night. I don't think I've read a similar reference made anywhere else, or if I have, I missed the significance. So I thought I would share.

Crowley said:
Thus "Suckling" is the formula of an infant; when teeth appear, it marks a new "Aeon," whose "Word" is "Eating."
p491, Appendix II, V (discussing the grade of Magus, within the S.S.)

I thought it was a good metaphor for a change in "Aeon", and also quite illustrative of the Aeon card, and the New Aeon of Crowley (at least as I understand it). The child becoming self sustaining, rather then dependant.

Edge

Interesting, I agree, A good metaphor for the crowned and conquering child. I haven't read that one yet, still working on "Do What Thou Wilt" and book 4 is waiting on deck after that. :)

ravenest

Interesting Similia. There is a programme in the infant so that the teeth will appear later. This suggests to me that we have a similar Aeonic programming. I am reminded of the Leary/Lilly Exopsycology map of the 8 circuits in the human 'brain'. Two of them (or 3?) are for future programming as we devlope along a certain line (they relate these extra potential circuits to extraterrestial explorations as they believe the circuits are triggered in zero gravity). So perhaps we have certain 'circuits' in ourselves that are triggered by Aeonic progression?
A little far out? Maybe. Yet it seems to me some people slot in quite comfortible with New Aeonic principles without ever even hearing about a New Aeon or Thelema or anything, while others start kicking and screaming without being dragged anywhere near it.

ravenest

Edge said:
book 4 is waiting on deck after that. :)

You're gunna luv it! Have you come across 'Postcards for Probationers' yet? It's short, consice, clear and a very good read before Book 4 is started.

Edge

ravenest said:
You're gunna luv it! Have you come across 'Postcards for Probationers' yet? It's short, consice, clear and a very good read before Book 4 is started.

No I haven't, is that a good "primer" for book 4?

ravenest

Its a good brief primer for AC's whole magical studies including Book 4.

Edge

Thanks ravenest, I'll definitely check it out.