Tyldwick Tarot

rif

Did anyone else experience chipped gilding?

My KoP has a bit of white on the top edge, which saddens me, especially give the price. :(

Otherwise I love it. I've been waiting since it was first announced -- 2009? Long wait!

Le Fanu

Mine are fine and I do use it, but not excessively or with riffle shuffling etc etc.

I suppose any gilt-edged deck - regardless of the price -may lose a bit of its edging. Even a non-gilt edged deck, with use, loses bits of its edging. You just notice it less, I suppose.

I think the edge of the deck feels very similar to the Illuminati and one of my copies of that arrived with bits of gilt chipped off (I wonder if it was done in the same factory?). The other copies are fine...But as I use it, I don't really mind as I know it's inevitable that it will get that worn feel.

LadyDeborah

I have a very small "bad" spot on one card. I notice it, but I doubt others would see it. I realize the gold gilt is fragile and I have no plans to use this deck for serious readings for others, but I love it and plan to always handle it carefully. It is a stunning deck of cards, though, and I would love a second set so I could have a working deck. That would be a bit much and I'm just happy to have one.

rif

Mine was missing that bit of gilding out of the box, so it's not from use. Perhaps it's from shipping, the box was badly beat up.

I just dislike that I can now identify that card from looking at the back of the deck. But I suppose it won't matter when I shuffle and deal them in typical use.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it does make me feel a little better about it.

Le Fanu, how many copies did you get?

Le Fanu

Le Fanu, how many copies did you get?
Just the one. I use it gently, on special occasions. For myself, for those introspective, melancholy readings.

Really can't imagine doing the "does he love me?" spreads with this deck. It feels so lofty and cerebral. So rational with its symmetry and columns.

rif

Melancholy seems like a good descriptive choice. :)

LadyDeborah

Mine was missing that bit of gilding out of the box, so it's not from use. Perhaps it's from shipping, the box was badly beat up.

I just dislike that I can now identify that card from looking at the back of the deck. But I suppose it won't matter when I shuffle and deal them in typical use.

Rif, my card was that way right out of the box, too. Like I said, it's not terribly bad, but I know it's there, and you're right, it does identify the card to me if I see it from that angle. On the other hand, maybe if I just went ahead and used them, others would start to show wear and then I couldn't identify any of them! That's a thought, isn't it? lol

Aerin

Just the one. I use it gently, on special occasions. For myself, for those introspective, melancholy readings.

Really can't imagine doing the "does he love me?" spreads with this deck. It feels so lofty and cerebral. So rational with its symmetry and columns.

I've used the deck for a relationship reading for someone else. It reads wonderfully.

I think it is because the cards give you so much space to work with. People can clutter cards up :D

Calcifer

I just checked mine over: all is pristine, the gilding is blemish free :).

Michael

Chimera Dust

I've decided I'm going to order it. :D Can someone please tell me how to request numbers?