I just CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!...HOW?

Manda

I am boring. My name is Amanda. My family calls me Mandy, or Mandy Sue if they particularly feel like torturing me on a given day. A friend started calling me "Panda" which when asked if someone was calling me "Panda" I denied it and now most of my friends call me Manda.

SherryZoned

Manda said:
I am boring. My name is Amanda. My family calls me Mandy, or Mandy Sue if they particularly feel like torturing me on a given day. A friend started calling me "Panda" which when asked if someone was calling me "Panda" I denied it and now most of my friends call me Manda.

LOL great Denial that is really cute!

MareSaturni

marina

My name is...my name.

That's it. I'm called Marina in real life and i can't imagine having any other name. Although i do have other accounts out there using random nicknames, here i feel comfortable enough to use my real name.

Besides, i love my name. It means "what comes from the sea". I feel a like a sea creature, sometimes.

Like Tori Amos says, "i guess i'm an underwater thing" ;)

thorhammer

Marina said:
My name is...my name.

That's it. I'm called Marina in real life and i can't imagine having any other name. Although i do have other accounts out there using random nicknames, here i feel comfortable enough to use my real name.

Besides, i love my name. It means "what comes from the sea". I feel a like a sea creature, sometimes.

Like Tori Amos says, "i guess i'm an underwater thing" ;)
You used to be someone else, though . . . dincha??? :confused:

I was sure I was right . . .

\m/ Kat

tarotlyn

Onyx said:
My screen name is also my reading alias I use in my e-mail readings. I just wanted to be consistent in my aliases.

I choose Onyx because much of the properties associated with the crystal is what I hope to do with my tarot readings and my approach to the cards.

Onyx is a grounding stone that calms fears, creates feelings of security allowing us to see past fears, stress and transform negativity. It is connected to the root chakra and materializing success and abundance.

It is one of my goals to dispel the negativity associated with the tarot in general but to also work with individuals and groups to see past the negativity that they are experiencing and to rid themselves of past habits and energies that hold them back from finding their own rooted spiritual energy.

Hope this helps understand me, my screen name and my personal mission in life and tarot.

Onyx.

P.S. I have taken to adding a period after my screen name when it hit me one day that it may look like a little piece of onyx as well. At token gesture but who knows, can’t hurt!

...a very well thought out name for you...and surely your name, "Onxy," is
sending out those "grounding and calming" vibes to all that come near you! Love it!:heart:

...adding:
One of my husband's (ex) friends that was here once commenting that I
was the "devil" when he witnessed me opening a new deck that just came in
the mail!!! What a reaction!:eek:...I needed a GIANT Onxy to put right on top of his head! :bugeyed:
(now you know why he is an "ex" friend! LOL)

...anyway...keep up the good work in giving out all your "positive tarot" vibes!:thumbsup:

:heart:tarotlyn

tarotlyn

Lilija said:
Mine is my name that I use for just about everything online. I chose it because it's floral, lovely, and rarely taken. I like consistency too. It's rather hilarious listening to people try to pronounce it. I like "Lili-ya", but a friend of mine says it "Lilzsha" soft on the zsh sound, and that struck me as very pretty and graceful. It's such a common ID for me, I have RL friends that I met online 9-10 years ago, that still call me Lili. It's close enough to my given name, Lisa, that it works :)

My avatar picture is Arachne though, and that's another name I take often. I've considered changing it here, too, just to make it match the picture, and the whole web spinning, everything's connected, weaving a story nature of the cards.

Edit: good question, too, very interesting to read people's "why"

...ahhh..such a pretty name...I was thinking more like: Lili jay... (lily + bluejay bird)... flower bird...
glad you explained that... nothing is sweeter than to be named after a flower...
I do think that when we read a member's ID, we conjure up an image of what
it might possibly mean. It is wonderful to finally get to find out how they all
came about and what they mean to each of our members. :heart:

tarotlyn

...Debra...you are too funny :)laugh:) for words...so cute you are!:heart:

...just think how "simple" everything is using your own name!

...so don't go phooeying yourself, sweetie!:heart:
I love it when I see your name!:heart: (because it makes perfect sense!)

Debra said:
I chose my name by looking at my driver's license.

It never even occurred to me to make up a name.

Phooey on me.

Lyn, I remember when you were successetc. It was sweet, but quite a mouthful!

tarotlyn

thorhammer said:
I love this! I hadn't thought of it being a little bit of onyx, but it does give a sense of finishedness, of finality and completion very much in keeping with the qualities of onyx :) I like it.

I use the "horns up" glyph after my posts after I found it on a music website. I used to work on a lot of mine and construction sites, where when you drive around you wave at everyone - it's the done thing. Instead of waving, I always gave the horns-up, a source of great amusement and fondness onsite. When I found a way to put it on the forum, I was stoked!

\m/ Kat

MareSaturni

thorhammer said:
You used to be someone else, though . . . dincha??? :confused:

I was sure I was right . . .

\m/ Kat

YESSSS!!! What a good memory you have Kat! :D :D :D

I used to be "Miss Yuko" which was a nickname i used for many years! "Yuko", actually. Since i was 11 years old :bugeyed:

But then it sorta...didn't suit me anymore. And then i saw that no one had yet chosen the "Marina" name, which is my mane, and...ta-da! I changed it :D

intuition897

Meh. It's a screen name that I've recycled in my travels over the years. I'm not sure why I chose it originally. I guess I was just following my intuition when I chose it, and it was a sort of acknowledgment of how important it is to trust your gut instincts. I think I have always lived my life intuitively and have trusted that the outcome of "going with the flow". The numbers after my screen name were just random.