One Deck Wonder Resurrected

WolfyJames

and also watch the Vampire Diaries since my daughter is a fan of that one too. :p In all honesty, I am not into vampires, but I do think the Vampire Diaries is a good series. I've never watched a single True Blood episode though...

Yikes! I completely forgot about The Vampire Diaries, I also watch and love this show.

I find it interesting you haven't used another deck since the Vampyres. How was that before? Were you a deck hopper like myself? Or is it because you are very much into vanmpires (unlike me :laugh: )?

Well, I was a deck hopper before, up until I got the Liber T Tarot of Stars Eternal, which I used exclusively up until I got the Tarot of Vampyres, which I've been using exclusively as well. I'm indeed into vampires, and anything dark, creepy, gothic, weird.

I have never liked pip decks. They bore the hell outta me! I need something visually appealling for me to want to keep using a certain deck. I've had several in the past, but couldn't get rid of them fast enough. I absolutely loathe them! :(

While I don't use pip decks I do collect tarot decks and oracles, and there are a few pips decks in my collection. I've decided to use the Truth-Seeker Tarot after all for the One Deck Wonder, to go along with my Tarot of Vampyres. I thought when I bought the Truth-Seeker Tarot, seeing how beautiful the deck is, that if ever one day I'd use a pip deck it'd be that one.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/truth-seekers/

You cannot see on the scans the gilding the cards have on each of them.

le_charior

How do you call it when you think about something or learn something new and then all of a sudden you see it everywhere else? Forgot the name... but I just had that feeling, when I saw this thread. I had posted about the One Deck Wonder some time ago in the TdM part of the forum (The "International Icon" of TdM?) - and I keep thinking about it and wishing I were around in the good old times of the One Deck Wonder here on AT - and now all of a sudden i AM and I CAN participate! Makes me very happy, thanks so much for starting the thread and bringing this amazing experience back to the surface! :thumbsup:

So I am in - and after thinking about it for a long time, I will go with the Flornoy Noblet deck. I will go for 6 months - so until August 3rd. Will post a decent first post later (and I think I will try to put some studies and books in there with the deck, too) - but yes, let's do this! I am sure it will be a great and very rich experience, and I am happy there are people to share it with!

Disa

How do you call it when you think about something or learn something new and then all of a sudden you see it everywhere else? Forgot the name... !

Synchronicity?

Serendipity? There's a movie about that, I think.

DaisyDragonfly

How serendipitous! I'll come back and edit this post when I've had a chance to formulate some guidelines for myself, but I'd like to do a ODW with my Wild Unknown Tarot. It's not a deck for (much) academic study, but is definitely a deck for exploration and meditation.

Do I need a pip deck to work with? If so, I'll play with my CBD TdM.

Right, I'm going to think of my guidelines and return...

strings of life

Threads for One Deck Wonder: Reading Exchange & Daily Draws

I created a reading exchange thread and a Daily Draws thread. Alamaris, can you link to these in your first post?

One Deck Wonder: Reading Exchange

One Deck Wonder: Daily Draws

I'll PM Alta so that the Daily Draw thread is added to the index: Daily Readings - Index of Deck & Group-based Threads. There area also deck specific Daily Draws, so feel free to post in those threads or even create your own and have it added to the Personal Daily Reading Index.

baylys

Fellow forum members, we are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of committed tarot love, and to add our best wishes to the words which shall unite Kat and the Tarot of the Adsurd in harmony.

Who gives this woman to be married to this deck? One Deck Wonders forum members do

The commitment that the two of you are about to make is the most important commitment that a woman and her deck can make, you are about to create something new, the marriage relationship, an entity that never ends. As you stand here today, are you now prepared to begin this commitment to one another? I am

Have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in knowledge? I have

I would ask that you both remember to treat yourself and each other with dignity and respect; to remind yourself often of what brought you together today. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your marriage deserves. When frustration and difficulty assail your marriage - as these do to every relationship at one time or another - focus on what still seems right between you, not only the part that seems wrong. This way, when clouds of trouble hide the sun in your lives and you lose sight of it for a moment, you can remember that the sun is still there. And if each of you will take responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight.

Tarot of the Absurd, will you have this woman to be your deck partner? I will Will you love and comfort her, honour and guide her, in deck block and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both are not bored? I will

Kat, will you have the Tarot of the Absurd to be your deck partner? I will Will you love and hold it, honour and keep it, in tatty edges and in smooth, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto it as long as you both are not bored? I will

Since it is your intention to enter into One Day Wonders with this deck, please hold the deck in your right hand, and declare your consent (before these witnesses) by repeating after me:
I, Kat, take Tarot of the Absurd, to be my deck partner, to hold and to shuffle from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in tatty edges and in smooth, to love and to cherish, as long as we both are not bored.

Kat, in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in harmony, have promised your commitment to each other by these vows, and holding the deck in your hands, by the authority vested in me by the Divine, I now pronounce you Deck and Acolyte.

Congratulations, you may kiss your deck.

Elendil

I am very tempted to join with the International Icon deck which I used last week and haven't yet put away although I am supposed to be using just the Aquarian Tarot for this week's Deck of the Week....

I might just study the II alongside my decks of the week. As the 'unofficial, unappointed' facilitator of DotW I would feel a little disloyal leaving the group...and I still have many decks in my collection that need to be cycled through.

Ah, the dilemma.....

Disa

Fellow forum members, we are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of committed tarot love, and to add our best wishes to the words which shall unite Kat and the Tarot of the Adsurd in harmony.

Who gives this woman to be married to this deck? One Deck Wonders forum members do

The commitment that the two of you are about to make is the most important commitment that a woman and her deck can make, you are about to create something new, the marriage relationship, an entity that never ends. As you stand here today, are you now prepared to begin this commitment to one another? I am

Have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in knowledge? I have

I would ask that you both remember to treat yourself and each other with dignity and respect; to remind yourself often of what brought you together today. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your marriage deserves. When frustration and difficulty assail your marriage - as these do to every relationship at one time or another - focus on what still seems right between you, not only the part that seems wrong. This way, when clouds of trouble hide the sun in your lives and you lose sight of it for a moment, you can remember that the sun is still there. And if each of you will take responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight.

Tarot of the Absurd, will you have this woman to be your deck partner? I will Will you love and comfort her, honour and guide her, in deck block and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both are not bored? I will

Kat, will you have the Tarot of the Absurd to be your deck partner? I will Will you love and hold it, honour and keep it, in tatty edges and in smooth, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto it as long as you both are not bored? I will

Since it is your intention to enter into One Day Wonders with this deck, please hold the deck in your right hand, and declare your consent (before these witnesses) by repeating after me:
I, Kat, take Tarot of the Absurd, to be my deck partner, to hold and to shuffle from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in tatty edges and in smooth, to love and to cherish, as long as we both are not bored.

Kat, in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in harmony, have promised your commitment to each other by these vows, and holding the deck in your hands, by the authority vested in me by the Divine, I now pronounce you Deck and Acolyte.

Congratulations, you may kiss your deck.

OMG! This is GREAT! I can't believe how much I'm laughing, but also agreeing with it- in tatty edges and smooth and how much this applies to all marriages- hahahaaa- well done, you. I do, too. (for as long as we both are not bored) haha. Love it :)

baylys

OMG! This is GREAT! I can't believe how much I'm laughing, but also agreeing with it- in tatty edges and smooth and how much this applies to all marriages- hahahaaa- well done, you. I do, too. (for as long as we both are not bored) haha. Love it :)

It so totally works eh!