New to the Fey

Namaste

lunalafey said:
you have seen this thread, right?

what cards might be typically sickly sweet? Lovers? 2 or 10 of Cups?
what fey card is the sickest in sweetness?
The Stars of the Queen of Wands-
then again there is the little fey with the GIANT orange in the 10 of Wands.

Thanks, luna :)

I went over there and read up on the "darker" side of the deck. I've also looked around to see what images I could view. From what I've seen, the darker side really is there in a very subtle but compelling way.

From what I've seen, it definitely seems to be a very "different" kind of deck.

I love the Wheel card.

lunalafey

those new to the FEY

wanna play with the fey?
have a look here for an excercise to do with your feys to get more familiar with them.

Namaste

Took the plunge

I couldn't resist the fey! :)

So happy I didn't. The cards are beautiful and enchanting, yet they are forthright and don't necessarily "spare" you, even if they look so carefree and fun loving.

That's exactly what I need: Plain talking.

So, here, I am, glad... ohh so glad to be part of the fey lovers' 'family'.

Namaste

Re: those new to the FEY

lunalafey said:
wanna play with the fey?
have a look here for an excercise to do with your feys to get more familiar with them.

Thanks, luna, for this great way to get to know the fey!

Khatruman

Hi

I have had the Fey for several months now, but have not gotten it out of my myriad of new acquisitions until last week.

As a way of introduction, I would like to offer my Fey reading in response to a Talking Tarot thread on whether Tarot is a Cosmic Joke or a Sustainable Truth. I posted the reading in the Your Readings section here:

The Sustainable Joke

I did the reading without using the accompanying book, so I didn't go by interpretations, names, backgrounds into the cards that turned up other than what I saw on the cards and my knowledge of tarot.

Again, hello everyone, and I hope you enjoy. :D

Jewel

Re: Hi

Khatruman said:
I have had the Fey for several months now, but have not gotten it out of my myriad of new acquisitions until last week.

Like Khatruman I have had the deck for months (a year perhaps), and just last week finally started working with it. I am primarily working with the book Tarot for Self-Discovery from the Llewellyn series on Special Topics in Tarot. This deck is incredible for this purpose. I have completed 6 exercises with it and I am literally floored by the results. Particularly the exercise on telling a story using 4 cards, one you choose by looking through the cards face up and 3 you get face down.

I have found that the images on this deck really have incredible depth, and as someone else mentioned that they are not sugar coated. There is an honesty about this deck, that is firm but not brutal. Of all of the LoScarabeo decks I have owned (which are many) this is the first of their decks that has this kind of depth to go along with the beauty.

In addition, I have looked up each card once I have already worked with it, and the images really do say it all. The book is very well written, yet the deck can easily be used without the book. I will continue learning the deck through exercises and use, and following the posts in this study group.

Thanks for sharing.

lunalafey

Re: Re: Hi

Jewel said:
......the exercise on telling a story using 4 cards, one you choose by looking through the cards face up and 3 you get face down.

kinda sounds like the Feyble competition.

dadsnook2000

Just in time . . .

Jewel, you are just in time to enter the Feyble contest -- see the first thread in the Fey Forum. Basically, you need to submit a story about the Fey Ace of Pentacles using three cards drawn from the Fey deck. Your story would need to utilize the Feys and other entities shown in those three cards and also focus on the Ace of Pentacles. BUT, that story needs to be submitted ASAP as today is the deadline.

The submitted stories will be posted and we all get to vote on which is "best". The winner receives the book-box with the Fey Ace of Pentacles woodcarving mounted on it as a prize. There is a photo attached to both Lunalafey's contest rules and to my later thread about Fey Artwork.

Please consider joining in this fun exercise. Good luck. Dave.

dadsnook2000

Just so everyone knows . . .

Just so everyone knows, I've just received my Fey deck and am absorbing it. The pictorial depth is quite deep and I continue to be delighted by its well thought out symbolism and effectiveness in readings. In the coming months I hope to share more of my carvings using this deck. Dave.