AT Travelling Member Deck~Second Journey - Discussion thread

Daizdy

I’ve been thinking about this for months. I had a desire to start the Fool on another journey but timing didn’t seem right and other things were going through my mind as well. I wanted this journey to be different. I wanted to add a twist but a twist just wasn’t coming to mind. Finally, I do have a few ideas and an overall plan and hopefully all who want to participate will give lots of input to tweak that plan or perhaps change it all together. Let me tell you what I have vaguely in mind.

These past few months the theme of seasons and change has come to mind. I have been toying with the idea of having a theme-based journey this time around. It seems fitting to me since the second card in a tarot deck is the Magician. I would like the Fool’s journey to begin on September 23rd, the first day of autumn (oddly, it just came to me that’s about the same time it started last year). There will be quarterly drawings for prizes on the first day a season begins. The prizes will be small…perhaps a gift certificate, a tarot bag, etc… During a season participants can hold random drawings if they choose. The prizes for these drawings could be a tarot reading or wherever that participant’s talent lies.

This year I would like to involve 78 people. That will make the journey last well over a year but…oh well… Last year there were a total of 55 people. I never replaced those who dropped out but this year, if one signs up and can’t participate I will replace them.

Last year the Fool’s journey started out here in the United States; this year I would like it to start overseas.

I have more thoughts and questions but I’ll wait to see if there’s interest first. Anyone?? :D

NightQueen

How about melbourne Australia? this does sound very interesting but could you explain it to me a bit more do we each represent a card? a little more info pls Ive probably been at AT say 10-11 mths so i'm not familiar with this

Neely75

I'd love to hear more about this too as I'm only new. It sounds like great fun!

Daizdy

I'm sorry, NightQueen, I should have thought of those who might not know anything about it. Here is a link to the first AT Travelling Member Deck . At the top of the "Talking Tarot" forum is a sticky note. You can find all the threads associated with the first travelling deck there. The first post in the sign-up thread explains it all. There will only be slight variations this year.

Sinduction

I'd be up for it.

Daizdy

I should have also mentioned, when all the details are sorted out I'll post a sign-up thread.

If anyone has suggestions or comments, I'm eager to see them. :)

Guiding Cauldron

start here :)

i'm signing up please - thanks daizy for starting this again!!

huredriel

Definitely interested :)

Dwaas

I'm game! Can't wait to hear more details. And wouldn't Europe make a perfect start? :D