Renaissance Tarot (Jones / Lyle) - Judgement XX

Enchanted

:D Sometimes I think you have to LIVE it! :)

OFF TOPIC...
Yeah but sometimes that darn 7 of Cups keeps changing it's appearance, and you don't know you've got the same one til later! Hindsight!!! GRRRRR!!! :( :D

It is funny that you mention the Ace, it appeared with Judgement, many times! :) Still searching...

OMG... I've just gone to preview post on this thing... and find your post with "The Rose"... I love that song, it means so much to me and I hear it and sing it often! It's like my lullaby right now! I've been trying to see where it fits in terms of a tarot card, but the closest I could get was the Osho Zen Strength card, where the lone flower pushes through the stoney ground.

With great risk of bearing my soul, that song is exactly how I feel right now! :) :(

Edited: to attach Osho card image

Attachments

• VIII Courage.jpg
    VIII Courage.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 500

Papageno

oh yes..,..you MUST live it......life says you will live it. we are not given the choice LOL.

that Osho image is perfect

Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose

now we can reach for the tissue box "sniff" "sniff"

this thread is becoming very maudlin :laugh: LOL

but to me it personifies The Judgement card

Debra

Well, I'm crying, too. So that worked.

WooMonkey

Enchanted said:
I like the Pluto symbol on this card because I think that Pluto is a good association, however, I have a slight chronological pet peeve with this, in that this deck is based on Renaissance symbols and imagery and the planet Pluto wasn't discovered until 1930. But I'm getting over it! :D

OMG, that didn't even occur to me until you pointed it out Enchanted! I'll admit that my first thought with this card was "What's that on the flag?". The little winged hearts ARE a 180 degree turn from pale grayish bodies coming out of coffins. They don't all seem to be headed towards Michael though, so maybe that's the "new directions" aspect of the card. (?)
:)

Bernice

The cutesy-winged hearts.

Why has no-one mentioned that there are Four little winged hearts - the number of foundation/stability?

i.e: Is the card saying, "now you know where you were right, and where you were wrong. You have reached a plateau of knowing just where you stand - at this moment." ?

Bee

Edit: The Pluto glyph on the card is generally used by continental astrolgers. Here in England I have always used the P glyph.