New to Tarot!

kimtsan

Check out The Four Queens channel on Youtube. :) Kelly-Ann (owner of Four Queens) has a 10 part tarot trainee course outlining the basics of tarot. That was where I started my tarot journey and it was very helpful! The videos range from 20-40 minutes long but it's worth every minute. Kelly-Ann is very eloquent and her videos are packed with information and perspective. If you have the time, her trainee course is a wonderful place to start.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw24j5r2qoE&list=PLH1DuMfxSE8iFgylkOjVpL_cf1NcNqU7P

For books, check out Tarot 101. AMAZING resource book for tarot, beginners and experts alike. It provides various approaches to tarot (such as the masculine/feminine, astrology, mythology, colour-symbolism...etc and many more). It also gives you great journal questions and tarot exercises to practice tarot. Such a great book.

You can also try out Galaxy Tarot. It's a phone app and it has a tarot encyclopedia and it contains definitions for each card. It also does spreads and readings for you, but I used it extensively as a convenient reference when I first started. If you get the Pro version, you get more information on the symbolic possibilities and other occult associations (like you get chakra associations, I Ching, etc) but just the lite version is decent enough.

For websites, Biddy Tarot is a good resource. It's the first website that comes up if you search for a tarot card anyway. The explanations are written in a down-to-earth and relatable way.

Also, great to look at the Rider-Waite deck. It's practically a must-have because so many tarot decks draw on its format and symbolism.

And obviously, here on Aeclectic Tarot. The tarot exchange section is great and the people there are amazing with giving feedbacks. :)

Oh oh oh, lastly, seriously keep a journal. Doesn't have to be written down or anything. I do mine mostly through blogging and Microsoft OneNote. And keep EVERY single reading you've done, for yourself and for others. If it's not in text, record it somehow. That way, you get to see how far you've come and how far you've improved, many many readings later. :)

I think that's all for now, on the top of my head.

Best,
Kim

Poor Wandering One

Speaking of Dusty White .. does anyone know if his Advanced Tarot Secrets site and forum is still operating? I've tried several times to register.. it takes all my info but I never receive a confirmation email. Ive tried to contact the administator but that came back failed.. Ive tried to re-register and it comes back saying someone already has this user name and address. :/ It has been a few years. Has he moved on?

I have the same experience. I registered just fine, but never received the confirmation email to activate the account. No matter how many times I requested a resend of the email, I never received it.

When I try to log in, it looks like there are only ever one or two people online in the forum anyway, so it doesn't look like an active tarot community.

cjxtypes

Yes. That's exactly what Im experiencing also. I notice also that are not many in the forum or so it appears but either way I was hoping the forum and the information and videos etc that were available to the members may have been archived. Such a disappointment. I really like & use this book and Dustys very hands on practical style.

Poor Wandering One

Yes. That's exactly what Im experiencing also. I notice also that are not many in the forum or so it appears but either way I was hoping the forum and the information and videos etc that were available to the members may have been archived. Such a disappointment. I really like & use this book and Dustys very hands on practical style.

I know Dusty has a YouTube Channel that has some basic lessons that start sequentially but quickly lose focus. I have no idea, however, if those are videos that he would have had on his site set up for students following his books.

Back episodes of his podcast are still available (if you didn't already know), but that, too, seems to have been abandoned. There hasn't been a new episode for months (though I haven't checked lately).

I wonder what happened.

cjxtypes

I dunno. Ive checked out some podcasts. The videos ok n YouTube seem to be smaller portions of larger one found in the forum. Pity. I really looked forward to working through his approach more in-depth.