Mel's Old Fashioned Pips & Courts and Homemade Baked Goods

cardlady22

Bee, can you clarify the Courts for the Wands and Swords from that diagram?

Bernice

I believe the Courts for Cups and Swords are;

Kings: CUPS = 16 (Positive - Goodies). SWORDS = 16 (Negative - Baddies)
Queens: CUPS = 15 (Positive - Goodies). SWORDS = 15 (Negative - Baddies)

And COINS & BATONS paired the same way with COINS = Positive, but less so than Cups. And BATONS = Negative, but less negative than Swords.

Is this also how you see it?

Bee :)

cardlady22

I need to lay these out and let the cards slide along. :grin:

SolSionnach

Bernice said:
'Vana, a diagram of Ye Olde Dignity Sticke:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x172/melanchollic_photos/Overcomings3.jpg

And here's Mels explanation (post 54);

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1914569#post1914569

I'm donating a Chicken Curry, homemade with all the spices & fancy bits.

Thanks, Bee, you're a daaalink!
That's what I thought it was. Dignity Stick, indeed! :bugeyed:

I just found the reading thread, and will catch up on that later on. As you can see from my signature, my IDS is supposed to be with the Noblet, and last until 2010. With the pissing amount of thinking I've been doing, by that I'm I'll learn how to shuffle the deck. :rolleyes:

Just yesterday I got out my printout of Mel's notes (I have one huge notebook that's 1/2 mel - 1/2 jmd) and did some skimming.

My problem is that I tend to not like to use tarot for yes/no questions! But reading later in this thread I'm starting to see how the 'elemental solution' cards could make that less dire. Of course, that means that one has to have the elemental "solution" cards readily available - perhaps some sort of chart of the opposing cards would be in order?

And then there's the courts - this method is so detailed for the pips/courts, that I feel the trumps have been left out in the cold! I do have your nifty chart showing Mel's trumps elemental scheme - must give that a look, as well.

I can see this turning all my TdMs into true reading decks - not to mention the Ancient Italian Tarot (that's a Soprafino-style deck).

More later!

Bernice

'Vana: "........that I feel the trumps have been left out in the cold!"

Somewhere on my pic-site there's a diagram of Mels Trumps+elements.

But I just checked my notebook (...like yours, mine's also cosmopolitan :)), and see that the online diagram doesn't have the Neutal, Active, Positive, & Negative bits. Must amend this!

http://tazmaria.multiply.com/photos/album/1/Cards

Search around........

SolSionnach

Bernice said:
'Vana: "........that I feel the trumps have been left out in the cold!"

Somewhere on my pic-site there's a diagram of Mels Trumps+elements.

But I just checked my notebook (...like yours, mine's also cosmopolitan :)), and see that the online diagram doesn't have the Neutal, Active, Positive, & Negative bits. Must amend this!

http://tazmaria.multiply.com/photos/album/1/Cards

Search around........

Yes, I have that trump diagram, it's just that after all the emphasis on the minor arcana, I look at a trump and go: whooeeeee!
I look forward to your amended diagram! :)

prudence

sravana said:
Yes, I have that trump diagram, it's just that after all the emphasis on the minor arcana, I look at a trump and go: whooeeeee!
I look forward to your amended diagram! :)
me too...I feel like they are so unexplored or lack a strong voice now that Mel has given such a strong voice to the minors...I see a draw with lots of trumps and I go silent now... though I do just go with the passive/active/neutral/positive thing, but I tend to not describe anything specific about the majors now...I figure it is because we all already had a good take on what the trumps mean, but for me, I would love to see and incorporate Mel's take on the trumps into this perfectly flowing system.

Mel said he is working on a trumps deck, and needed an artist to draw them, so maybe we will see his take on the trumps when he has finished that undertaking. I hope so, I'd love to see how he envisions and speaks for the trumps, the way he has for the pips.

Jasmeen

I am fascinated...this thread is very nice!

I am confused just in one thing - if every court card has in its level of lower pips its analogy, how is it witch bad dignified swords and batons?

I have found this:
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x172/melanchollic_photos/Overcomings3.jpg

...but I dont know if the same rule is significant in cases of swords and batons - 10 od swords simply doesnt match with King of Batons.

Bernice

Hello Jasmeen,

On the diagram;
Red area = negative
Blue area = positive

I think the 10 Swords has the value = 7 (negative)
and the King Batons has the value = 10 (negative)

So that the 10 Swords is a bit better than the King Batons, it's 'negative' dignity-value is less.

Mels' diagram confused me at first. I might have a go at doing another diagram to try and make it clearer. But I would rather wait for Mel to return in case I screw it up.

Prudence, 'Vana, and cardlady22, is this how you read the Dignity Stick?