White Horses

Laurelle

I know that other people have posted comments on white horses, but I was wondering what we thought of it.

There are only 5 cards with white horses. They are the Death, The Knight of Cups, The Knight of Wands, The 6 of Wands, and the Sun.

To me they are symbolic of a white knight riding in to save the day. White horses are also symbolic of someone pure and in their purity vulnerable. I can see how each of these cards fits into "saving the day" and how each is pure, yet vulnerable. But this is all I have come up with.

What else to white horses symbolize?

ravenest

Conquer, vanquish, victory, disease, plague and even the horse of the anti-christ .

(I am assuming if there is a deliberate significance a al Waite, it is this christian apocalyptic symbolism / speculation ? )

Otherwise- here ya go : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_horse_(mythology)

OHHH tedious tedious internet !!! :mad:

Okay, try this go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

and then go to the link in that article @ 'White horse' and click on the highlighted part of >> See also: White horse (mythology) << and that takes you to the page ( that the other link says does not exist - even though it is the page address :rolleyes: )

rwcarter

Moderator Note

The link didn't work because your end ")" was outside the url tags. I fixed the link so it works now.

Abrac

The only one that looks clearly white is Death. The Sun looks grayish but Waite says it's white so I suppose it's white too. The Knight of Wands is reddish. The Knight of Cups and the Six of Wands look gray. I know that doesn't answer your question, just an observation. :)

rwcarter

The only one that looks clearly white is Death. The Sun looks grayish but Waite says it's white so I suppose it's white too. The Knight of Wands is reddish. The Knight of Cups and the Six of Wands look gray. I know that doesn't answer your question, just an observation. :)
Coloring really depends on the version you have. I believe (and can check when I get home) that all four of those horses are white (or light gray) in my Pam B and D. Not all of them are white in the yellow box USG version.

Abrac

I agree, all versions seem to be different to a greater or lesser extent. In the B & D the Knight of Cups definitely looks white; the other cards, not so much. The Sun in the B, C & D is way darker than the A.

A white horse could mean so many things, I think its context within a reading might have a lot to do with it.

ravenest

Now, because I tried to post this AT started going haywire ... fortunately I quickly copied it. Then the whole site jammed. (this happens occasionally, I am on google chrome - which I had to get get as IE wasnt able to run AT without more glitches. I have to copy text, go to another site, as soon as that loads so does at but my post is gone ... like it is now.

I hope it did copy ... he goes

The link didn't work because your end ")" was outside the url tags. I fixed the link so it works now.

? 'my' ) ??? - I highlighted copied and pasted direct off the address bar ... this has happened before on wiki with the disambiguation page.

Not sure what you mean as now its changed ... but thanks anyway :confused:

I will do that again and watch what happens ... I go to 4 horseman site, I click on white horse mythology link that page comes up (with the last bracket a lighter shade of colour .. ! ) .. I copy and paste the address off the bar ... it comes out like normal, in the pre post window but the Preview window changes it to;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_horse_(mythology)

and when you click on it one gets ... (click on it and see !)

Seems to be a wiki glitch .. but thanks ... now i know how to manually fix that by moving the bracket after I do a post preview.

:thumbsup:

rwcarter

Corrected link has the closing parenthesis at the end of "(mythology)" as part of the clickable URL.

This link won't work because the closing parenthesis is outside of the link and therefore doesn't point to the correct wikipedia page. Mouse over the link and you'll see that the ")" doesn't change color like it does in the link I corrected. Don't know how or why that's happening, but that's why the link isn't working.