7 of Swords - 'what they like about you'

JuliaDream

I recently did a reading about a love interest and drew the 7 of Swords for 'what he likes about me' position. I'm rather stumped because the main association with this card is deceit and lies. However, I've not given this person any reason to doubt my intentions, nor can I see how this card can be positive. Any thoughts? I would love to hear others interpretations.

For anyone interested the deck I was using was the Tarot Of The Sidhe.

Rachx

Hi JuliaDream I don't know your deck but 7 swords can also mean "doing your own thing" perhaps he likes that about you? X

Maru

I recently did a reading about a love interest and drew the 7 of Swords for 'what he likes about me' position. I'm rather stumped because the main association with this card is deceit and lies. However, I've not given this person any reason to doubt my intentions, nor can I see how this card can be positive. Any thoughts? I would love to hear others interpretations.

For anyone interested the deck I was using was the Tarot Of The Sidhe.

There's several possibilities, all of which could have a tinge of truth to them.

He may like your personality, your somewhat evident "crafty" nature. So for example, for fun, you may say certain things or play a light prank... for example, you like to have fun with a gullible friend, pull the wool over their eyes and see if they fall for your "prank". Except in this case, it doesn't have dishonorable intentions and doesn't cross lines. It's just meant in good fun.

I think with this card, it's a lighter Magician... with Magician, he would be more willing to push lines. For this type of playfulness, it just shows that are highly intelligent and it shows in your character, your way of carrying yourself, your tendency to take problems less seriously and your ease of maneuvering difficult situations.

This reminds me of an uncle who is close in age to me. He was a bit of prankster. He used to play tricks on me and have a bit of fun. Nothing really crossing the line, but he ALWAYS managed to get away with it. So frustrating too... because he knew he could and he has such a gift for getting away with stuff. On the other hand though, he knows the line and he knows very well when not to cross that line... there are lines that aren't meant to be crossed, and he says as much and laments people who can't follow basic instructions. So he kinda chuckles when the inevitable happens. He doesn't take things seriously at all... he believes, if you live your life right and do right, then you will get what is coming to you. and vice-versa... he knows the line (a good "skill" to master from this card) and he does good by people who do good by him, but he's not about to break his back or put himself on the line because other people do stupid things.

He may see you as similar, a master in your own right intellectually speaking. It can be sexy to people who are turned on by intellect, but it's not Magician sexy in the way that you have a bag of tricks at your side anytime you need something to go your way. You just may know your way around your environment and how to work with other people...

So no, not always a bad card. Especially in the context of this query, it's a great card. I'd say 50/50, I get this card as bad and the rest as someone who is incredibly intelligent and gifted at maneuvering difficult situations. When someone like this is playful, they have a way of relaxing those around them... they make others feel more confident that as long as they stay on the right side (but by all means, take care of yourself!!), then things will work out in the end.

headincloud

Perhaps what he likes about you is he can put one over on you.

JuliaDream

@Rachx - that's a good point! I am very independent and have loads of projects, tasks day in and day out so I'm constantly busy "doing my own thing"

@Maru - wow, thank you! I have never seen the card that way before but of course Swords are to do with intellect, communication so yes your interpretation fits. We do have long intelligent discussions that always ends up in witty banter and jokes. And there has definitely been the odd prank! We do make each other laugh a lot as well so yes, that definitely could fit!

Your uncle sounds like a lot of fun! 😄

@headincloud - "put one over on you" in a negative sense? I bloody hope not haha 😅 I mean, he seems nice and not the type to do that but I guess time will tell!

Maru

@Maru - wow, thank you! I have never seen the card that way before but of course Swords are to do with intellect, communication so yes your interpretation fits. We do have long intelligent discussions that always ends up in witty banter and jokes. And there has definitely been the odd prank! We do make each other laugh a lot as well so yes, that definitely could fit!

Your uncle sounds like a lot of fun! ��

He is, as aggravating as it sometimes to be his personal victim at times
grin.gif

Here's some other ideas...

I think of a person with a 7S as a positive trait as someone who is gifted with the awareness of how the real world functions, how people are often 'convinced' to do things against their interest. Again, Magician Light... you never hear them complain because they know how the game is played. They know how the system works and they know how corporate propaganda/greed is pushed on the employees to make them do more work for less money. They're generally "chill" to be around, very propaganda-adverse. They have a nice chuckle at other people's shenanigans and the more naive continuing to pull the lever to the "ladder of opportunity", despite warnings. I think that people who are in this category... they're not lightweights or pushovers and because they're highly aware of the agendas of other people, they too are often vocal about their own. This is why they're fun to be around... they can take a few jokes and give it back. They know what life is about and they don't take it too seriously. That said, they use strategy to get what they want... so if this is a flirtatious relationship, then it's possible this is you "manipulating" the other person to get a certain type of reaction. They may very well love this because while you make it very apparent, it's still "unexpected" and mysterious in it's own way. They may not know your background in full, but they can sense you have a story and that you've learned a lot in your life to be fully confident in what you want out of life... and you're not about to sign up to jump on a bandwagon and work for someone elses interest. You want to know what is in it for you... these people are also really good at "hacking" relationship problems since they're very sensitive to other people's motives. They also do very well in management positions and other fast-paced environments, since they can handle the work-life balance better than most people. They're much more likely to take a vacation when they need it because they know at the end of the day, it's their time and energy that they choose to give... they don't give it up for free and they deserve the time off and they deserve to enjoy the "spoils" of their past victories... in other words, they want their time, relationships, work, career, energy to pay off... there's a strategy to it ALL.

The only downside you have to worry about is when men sometimes think this means you're more than a little jaded. They may think you're more open to certain romantic arrangements such as open relationships, are more willing to deal with blurrier boundaries. I think a good 7S tends to have very healthy boundaries though... because they are very aware of the possible bad intentions of others. Basically, "this chick is smart!"

JuliaDream

He is, as aggravating as it sometimes to be his personal victim at times
grin.gif

Here's some other ideas...

I think of a person with a 7S as a positive trait as someone who is gifted with the awareness of how the real world functions, how people are often 'convinced' to do things against their interest. Again, Magician Light... you never hear them complain because they know how the game is played. They know how the system works and they know how corporate propaganda/greed is pushed on the employees to make them do more work for less money. They're generally "chill" to be around, very propaganda-adverse. They have a nice chuckle at other people's shenanigans and the more naive continuing to pull the lever to the "ladder of opportunity", despite warnings. I think that people who are in this category... they're not lightweights or pushovers and because they're highly aware of the agendas of other people, they too are often vocal about their own. This is why they're fun to be around... they can take a few jokes and give it back. They know what life is about and they don't take it too seriously. That said, they use strategy to get what they want... so if this is a flirtatious relationship, then it's possible this is you "manipulating" the other person to get a certain type of reaction. They may very well love this because while you make it very apparent, it's still "unexpected" and mysterious in it's own way. They may not know your background in full, but they can sense you have a story and that you've learned a lot in your life to be fully confident in what you want out of life... and you're not about to sign up to jump on a bandwagon and work for someone elses interest. You want to know what is in it for you... these people are also really good at "hacking" relationship problems since they're very sensitive to other people's motives. They also do very well in management positions and other fast-paced environments, since they can handle the work-life balance better than most people. They're much more likely to take a vacation when they need it because they know at the end of the day, it's their time and energy that they choose to give... they don't give it up for free and they deserve the time off and they deserve to enjoy the "spoils" of their past victories... in other words, they want their time, relationships, work, career, energy to pay off... there's a strategy to it ALL.

The only downside you have to worry about is when men sometimes think this means you're more than a little jaded. They may think you're more open to certain romantic arrangements such as open relationships, are more willing to deal with blurrier boundaries. I think a good 7S tends to have very healthy boundaries though... because they are very aware of the possible bad intentions of others. Basically, "this chick is smart!"

Goodness Maru, you seem to have really hit the nail on the head with this one! I definitely feel this applies to our situation. So strange, I never in a million years would have seen the 7 of Swords as this but it does make sense when you explain it. I must meditate on it more. Thank you so much :)

Sentient

JuliaDream, Emily Carding's Tarot of the Sidhe bears only a passing resemblance to Waite-Smith. Carla Tate at Rowan Tarot describes the scene on the Dreamer 7 (equivalent to the WS 7S) as:

It is a full moon, in a clearing amongst bare trees. Five wraith-like beings have apprehended a male sidhe. One of them holds a knife overhead in a threatening manner, as if he would plunge it into the sidhe's chest. From behind a tree, another sidhe watches, in hiding. What are these terrible wraiths? What has the green-shirted sidhe done to deserve this? Is he the coward who betrayed? Or is it the other figure peering around the tree?​

The title of the card is "A Coward Betrays." Obviously Emily perceives this card as primarily negative. Could the meaning be that your love interest believes you are not like this, and that that's of great value to him?

If neither of these meanings apply, perhaps one of the other ones in the booklet that came with the deck does. While I believe the WS 7S has both positive and negative sides, those meanings are probably not relevant here.

Attachments

• dreamer07-sidhe.jpg
    dreamer07-sidhe.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 805

Maru

Goodness Maru, you seem to have really hit the nail on the head with this one! I definitely feel this applies to our situation. So strange, I never in a million years would have seen the 7 of Swords as this but it does make sense when you explain it. I must meditate on it more. Thank you so much :)

What in particular fits your situation so we can know what actually fit the card in your case? Is this a coworker?

JuliaDream

JuliaDream, Emily Carding's Tarot of the Sidhe bears only a passing resemblance to Waite-Smith. Carla Tate at Rowan Tarot describes the scene on the Dreamer 7 (equivalent to the WS 7S) as:

It is a full moon, in a clearing amongst bare trees. Five wraith-like beings have apprehended a male sidhe. One of them holds a knife overhead in a threatening manner, as if he would plunge it into the sidhe's chest. From behind a tree, another sidhe watches, in hiding. What are these terrible wraiths? What has the green-shirted sidhe done to deserve this? Is he the coward who betrayed? Or is it the other figure peering around the tree?​

The title of the card is "A Coward Betrays." Obviously Emily perceives this card as primarily negative. Could the meaning be that your love interest believes you are not like this, and that that's of great value to him?

If neither of these meanings apply, perhaps one of the other ones in the booklet that came with the deck does. While I believe the WS 7S has both positive and negative sides, those meanings are probably not relevant here.

This is what originally threw me off. It comes across as a negative card but I can't see how POI would see me like that. All I can think, whilst using others interpretations in this thread, is that he sees me as a different and perhaps 'betrays' in the sense he doesn't see me as the same as other girls he dated? But I'm unsure whether I am clutching at straws here. I think I may just have to wait this out and the next time I see him I'll just ask what he likes about me. Might clear up a few things haha! I will keep you and everyone posted...