Konraad's Past Life Spread pt. 1

tao51

Ressurecting this thread

This has been a spread that I have been trying. I do feel that it is extremely useful. Thanks Thirteen--once again your insight is great!--Tao

summerbutterfly

Thirteen here's the spread I tried to do:

Throne 1: Ace of swords – difficult childhood
Emperor, Justice, Hierophant, HP
Moon

I take this to mean a scary childhood filled with anguish and anxiety (moon) due to my parents constant fighting and my father’s physical abuse of my mother (Emperor – HP/Moon) with both of them clinging to an disastrous marriage due to social convention (Hierophant) which ended in divorce anyway (Justice).

This may lead me to be attracted to men of similar demeanor. My father was a powerful charismatic man who was known to be a leader. Due to his charisma, he attracted many women and was a serial cheater. R is exactly the same. I may be repeating my parents’ mistakes.

Throne 2: Ace of coins (Favorable)
Devil, Fool, Death, Judgement

I am very much career-oriented, almost obsessed. I really need to learn how to be more carefree and learn how to manage work/life balance. This would require “death” of my current habits and by being acquiring new habits, I will be reborn and finally achieve the success I need.
Rs first marriage fell apart partly due to his workaholism too . Many times he has told me he is trying to work on maintaining his work/life balance and tells me I need to too.

Throne 3: Ace of cups: Joy
Tower, Wheel, Sun, Hanged Man
Magician

Honestly this could not be further from the truth this lifetime around….
The Sun I feel reaffirms the Ace’s message of joy. R. is also a Leo and I frequently associate the gold of the sun and the egocentricity of Leo with the Sun. The Magician speaks to me of him, the smooth talker who can make anything happen and who probably in the past life as well as this time around has turned my life upside down (Tower). The hanged man speaks of waiting and sacrifice as well as the wheel of fortune waiting for a stroke of luck, of things changing so that I may be the center of his life and he mine. (Sun).
I think this also speaks of the waiting game many have told me I must play because things will change. The coincidences and synchronicity in this lifetime are too great. I have a hard time believing it.

Throne 4: Past life: Ace of wands: Struggles
Lover, Hermit, Empress, Star, World, Chariot, Strength, Temperance

I think this is what is also manifesting in our current life, the struggle of being apart and knowing that being together is not an option.
I had to make a choice between being alone (hermit) or the mistress (Empress) which always left me with the wishful thinking (Star) of when this cycle could be completed (world) and we could be together (Lovers). However, I was left to learn how to balance (temperance) my desire to be with him (Strength) and moving on ( Chariot). Just like this life……

Did I get it somewhat right ?

Thirteen

Living in the now, not in the "then."

Yo, Summerbutterfly!

I sent you a more detailed e-mail on this, but I'll echo the salient point here for study purposes: I think you did brilliantly on all but the 4th Throne, which is, after all, the hardest. And the one we doing the reading most fear. So it's no surprise if you struggle with it. It isn't that you necessarily misread what happened in that past life--the problem is that you read it as mirroring your present life.

The 4th Throne isn't mean to be read as a mirror of your present life (i.e. that you're doing the same thing over and over again), it's a "cause-effect" explanation of your present life. For example, there's clearly a lot of travel in that past life. Yet in your present life, you really stick to things. Your work, your relationship. Cause-effect. The struggles that travel caused you in that past life make you want to stick it out in this life. That past life, where travel didn't bring past-you happiness, makes present-day-you feel that moving or changing, doing something different, going somewhere else would be a bad idea.

Once you understand this, feel and relive that past life, you can say, "Yeah, but in those days travel sucked--riding on the back of an animal for weeks on end was miserable! But now there's airplanes and air-conditioned trains and GPS. Travel then didn't make me happy, but travel now could." :D Thus, the past life not only helps you understand your childhood, your work, your relationships, but also which past lessons you learned that are doing your current self good, and which are old, outdated fears that you need to get over in order to live in the now, not in the "then." Yes?

FairyCrystal

I've done this spread for myself yesterday, very accurate.
Just now I've done it for someone else, someone I don't know, member of my forum. So just a nickname to go on.
And boy, did it work! Haven't got the feedback yet, but the info I got, the links between that past life and her present one, unreal! Wasn't a particular pleasant life, so it was quite something for me to do. Very emotional, I could feel the pain and distress.

But this is definitely worth doing, thank you for sharing it, I love it!

Oh, I do add an extra card to it though. I felt I was missing the 'stand out' card in the 2nd throne. As you're out of GA or aces, I just shuffle, focus and draw one from the rest of the deck. So far it has proven to be the right card on both counts. And helped to give more insight in throne 2.
And I also put one of the cards from the past life section down as 'stand out' card, so underneath it, as with throne 1 & 3. I use card nr 12 for that.
Works like a charm!

EDIT: Done 2 for others now and got feedback: both spot on. I can barely believe just how accurate this spread is. Had no idea you could get such detailed info about past lives. If anyone is interested in doing a past life spread, I can recommend this one.