Tarot Shadow Work--Study Group?

SherryZoned

Altar

it has been brought to my attention that some people would prefer to wait until after sept 11..because of the Aura..So I am going to wait until after...here is a list of some items i am going to put on my altar...

Going to be kept in a wooden cigar box...with a sold purple ball that has white veins..reminds me of something that has been healed..everything is going on a black clothe..i am also putting a white owl with a candle in it...A pin a picked up at a garage sale..a cameo really..of the heads of 2 women facing teh same direction..i see it as myself and my shadow self...also an amythest and smoky quartz...anyone else? the book explains about the altars for those who have no idea what i am talking about..

Edited to add..I will be using my Gendron deck exclusively for Shadow work..kept in a dark purple crown royal bag..

Moongold

Starting date

Why don't we set a date so that people have something to aim for?

I suggest Saturday, 20 September. That gives people enough time to get the book and perhaps to read at least Chapters 1 and 2. These two chapters outline the background and principles of shadow work. For example, the headings in these chapters are:

Chapter 1:

NIGHT FALL
The Shadow in Literature and Myth
Why Bring Up a Dead Psychiatrist?
Jung & the Tarot
Jung & the Shadow
The Collective vs. Personal Shadow
Me and My Shadow
Symbols and S7ymbolic Gestures
Tarot Symbolism
The Shadow in Tarot
Yin and Yang
Shadow Work
The Challenge and Gifts of Shadow Work
Healing
In the Shadow of the Star
What Shadow Work Can and Cannot Do
How to use Tarot Shadow Work
A Note About Rituals and Tarot Cards

Chapter 2
DESCENT INTO DARKNESS
For Brave Souls Only
Attitudes Can Hurt or Heal
The Purpose of Pain
How Sad is Sad?
The Promise of Shadow Work
Preparation for Shadow Work
Creating Sacred Space - Building Your Shadow Altar
Grounding, Centering and the Circle of Protection
The Three faces of the Goddess
Encountering the Dark Goddess
Why Meditate?
The Tools of Meditation
Your life is a Busy Place - Dealing with Distractions
Establishing a Meditation Ritual
The Healing Heart Meditation
Journaling

I personally would like to see some preliminary discussion about how the group might work and the principles by which it works and some kind of consensus around this. I think that people probably need to have read at least those two chapters before they can have thoughts about this.

What do others think? It could be so simple as discussing one chapter a week or fortnight. However, there might be other ways people prefer to work and I'd be very interested in hearing them. The other study groups seem to be more spontaneous or ad hoc as far as I can see (forgive me if I'm wrong).

Moongold

SherryZoned

i am with you on Sept 20....So how bout we start a new discussion on Chapter one of the book..What we thing..or feel etc..I will do it tonight or post on it..My son is up now and want to go back through chapter 1 real quick...any other suggestions are good to..feel free.

the hermit

Re: Starting date

Moongold said:
Why don't we set a date so that people have something to aim for?

I suggest Saturday, 20 September. That gives people enough time to get the book and perhaps to read at least Chapters 1 and 2. These two chapters outline the background and principles of shadow work.
ummmmm...
not that it really makes an difference but...
Sept. 20th is a friday...

I know... it's the virgonian in me

Moongold

Oops

You're right of course, Hermit.

How about Saturday 21 September?

Moongold

SherryZoned

LOl fine with me~!~h

mooncat2

Count me in, too.

My book should be here in the next couple of days.

Maan

can i still join too?
I did not relpy at firts cause i started school agian..but its not half as much work as i expected so .....

Love and light
Maan

SherryZoned

Of course Maan....We wont be starting for a bit so you will have time to get your book and read teh first couple chapters..

SharonElizabeth

I'm interested as well, and the 20th is a good date for me since I just started the barnes and noble.com tarot course. It'll give me some time to re-read the first couple of chapters.