Please help I'm perplexed

MystiqueMoonlight

A little background first:- I'm a reader (well that's how I refer to it) in that I can take a person's hand and read them. No not palmistry I hold their hand and I just see images, words, colours etc and I tell them the situation as it unfolds. I'm usually 99.9% accurate even to a point of identifying names, place and so forth. I've been doing this most of my life and it is in my family for generations and when I do this I don't use the Tarot.

So to my question:-
Before my hiatus I worked with a few various spreads for various purposes, but since refocusing myself I find that my spreads are manifesting themselves with no real pre-planning. I'm dealing my cards as I converse rather than using a specific spread. This seems to work out fine, should I continue? Any advice?

Astraea Aurora

Hi Mystique

do you mean you just deal cards, say in a line, and read them without assigned positions and meanings? I think they are called "free form readings"; I'm sure the topic has been covered somewhere around ATF.

So shall you continue? I say yes. If you can handle it and it makes sense to you. If it ain't broken, don't fix it, right?

Astraea Aurora :grin:

MystiqueMoonlight

Sometimes I'll place them into specific groups or yes in straight lines with rows and columns. I guess it is free form :) thanks I'll search for that topic.

nisaba

MystiqueMoonlight said:
A little background first:- I'm a reader (well that's how I refer to it) in that I can take a person's hand and read them. No not palmistry I hold their hand and I just see images, words, colours etc and I tell them the situation as it unfolds. I'm usually 99.9% accurate even to a point of identifying names, place and so forth. I've been doing this most of my life and it is in my family for generations and when I do this I don't use the Tarot.

<grin> Sounds as if you do psychometry (gaining information from objects or body-parts by touching them). It's a great skill to have. Some people are better at body-parts, others are better at inanimate possessions. Sounds like you're a body-part person. do yourself a favour - if you are better at one than the other, practice the one you're not so good with - you never know when a friend or neighbour may bring you a piece of jewellery or clothing from someone they very much care about.

MystiqueMoonlight said:
Before my hiatus I worked with a few various spreads for various purposes, but since refocusing myself I find that my spreads are manifesting themselves with no real pre-planning. I'm dealing my cards as I converse rather than using a specific spread. This seems to work out fine, should I continue? Any advice?

If it works fine, why would you doubt it enough to question it? Go with what works.

floracove

ohhh, MystiqueMoonlight what a wonderful gift and heritage!

I agree, if it works for you go with it.

Wisdom Moon

Perplexed

Mystique Moonlight

You appear to have a very special intuitive gift. Always listen to your own instincts and do not worry about particular spreads.

lark

I do the same thing...I do a line of cards...they do have assigned positions ...which I hardly ever use...but if a person points to a card and says "what's that position mean?" I have an answer for them.
After that first line I just keep placing lines, but more often as I am seeing things and conveying the message I will just feel compelled to throw a card to confirm what I am seeing.
So I am talking and throwing, talking and throwing.
Only I guess compared to conventional tarot reading I am doing it backwards, because first I get the information and then the card confirms it instead of pulling a card and getting the initial info from the card.
Hope I expressed that clearly.
When we're done with that question on to another... and a line of cards... then throw, throw, throw.

It seems to be a way the cards and I have worked it out to keep me comfortable and focused on the psychic images, smells, feelings etc that are coming in to me.
And only loosely connected/dependant on traditional meanings and spread positions.
I call it "Free Range Reading" :D

I am sure you could just sit and hold their hand and give them a reading...and not use cards at all if you feel comfortable with that.
For me it was that I plain :love: my cards and didn't want to leave them out of the process so I created (or should I say this way evolved) of using them and keeping cards involved in my readings.
And over time it has proven to be the right decision because often when the psychic images stop for a minute to regroup then the cards take over.
And it is comforting to know I can rely on that.

I have a friend who is a medium and psychic and we have had many conversations about this...he went the other way he just sits and talks...but I always tease him because he holds a deck in his hand all the while he talks. "Just in case" the client wants him to throw cards.

Another reader I know only carries a bag of wooden runes or sometimes a bag of small polished crystals.
At the start of the reading she throws the bag open and spreads the runes/crystals out and proceeds to read them..but she has admitted she only does this because clients like to see her use a tool...she is really a psychic reader who has found her own way of just talking through the reading.

Because I imagine you have already noticed this...as you talk the client sits real still, and as the information flows the cards...runes...crystals fade away in importance.

MystiqueMoonlight

Well thanks everyone for your replies, that's very nice.

I know I could do without the cards, but Tarot seems important to me somehow that I find difficult to put into words.

Sometimes when I read I'm asked to hold a person's possession such as a ring or brush, usually this is for people who have passed on. During my readings I don't look at the person, purposely turning away so they don't think I'm using some kind of psychological routine on them.

I love the Tarot and will continue to consult them. I never learnt the Celtic Cross because I could never remember it.

Thanks again everyone :)

SunChariot

You should continue any pratice in Tarot that calls to you and works well for you. So my answer is yes, you shuold continue. That being said I rarely use spreads myself. I've used one in the past three years.

And yeah, me too. I have been reading almost 5 years now. I did two Celtic Crosses, my first two readings and I never did it again. I don't remember it really either.

Babs