10 of swords as feelings?

patienceislove

i do not like this card! lol

as feelings, its like they are done, finished, by asking you are beating a dead horse bc to them their feelings are dead.

sorry! this card isnt a happy one!

omnislashed

But maybe he thinks I'm not over my ex? That could induce 10 of swords thinking..
For what it's worth, I had the Ten of Swords surface for this precise reason before (which was later confirmed by the person who I read about). Their belief wasn't actually true, but we're talking about assumptions and feelings, not necessarily fact.

The Ten of Swords is the clearest "NO" in the deck for me (although I'm obviously not insinuating that you've asked a yes-or-no question), so how I essentially interpret this is divided between two options:

(1) The person in question isn't mentally considering the situation being asked about; the dilemma is off their radar-scope. This could mean a variety of things -- the common interpretation is that the person isn't reflecting on you (general you), but I generally interpret this to mean that the individual is almost oblivious to the problem. For example, when I once inquired, "Why does this person have a problem with me?", the Ten of Swords was produced ... But it was later confirmed that, well, this person didn't have a problem with me at all. They had no comprehension that anything was amiss; in fact, they had been trying to reach me.

(2) The situation harbors extreme psychological baggage. It's true, almost to the point of overkill. In Crowley's deck, the Ten/Swords is the natural conclusion to the Nine of Swords ... those obsessive anxieties were never resolved, leading to a one-way trip to the Ten of Swords. It can be helpful to factor in the energies of the preceding card, particularly if the preceding card had surfaced in spreads before.

I wouldn't always take it to the ultimate extreme, however; it doesn't necessarily mean the person is having a mental breakdown. But it does (I think) suggest that, whenever the person does consider the scenario, their perception is very all-or-nothing. The contemplative energy of the Swords suit is maximized.

There's my take.