Etruscan tarot: XIX The Sun

poopsie

Description in Booklet: "I seek the light. A god of the sun is waking up, surrounded by light."

The Etruscan Sun shows the young God, have naked, covered with a blanket from waist below, waking up. his right hand holds a plant and it's as if he is trying to get to his senses as the brightness of the sun shines

In ancient Etruria, religion was a celebration of nature and the Sun god, was named Cautha or Catha. He was identified with the Roman sun god, Sol, whom the Greeks called Helius. His symbol was a sun disk crown, and depicted holding fire in each hand, rising from the sea. In other references, Cautha was believed to be a goddess of beginnings and the dawn, and was also seen as rising from the ocean.

Would it be possible that the blue "pillow" in the card is actually a sea shell which serves to symbolize that the sun rises in the east?

The Sun is often seen as a symbol of new beginnings, awakening, energy and light. if the Moon is mystery, need for reliance on intuition, the Sun brings clarity and a breakthrough. The Sun is life, a new beginning or the fulfillment of promises. Indeed, it is a bright card that speaks of optimism, purpose, new meanings that support new beginnings.

When we draw the Sun, this would suggest that we allow our confidence to take over because of the positive outcomes we can expect. This could happen because after the possible illusion brought about by our "moon" experiences, the Sun now brings clarity to our perspective. The light helps us to see the finer points of our life which we may have failed to see in the past. It allows us the opportunity to be aware of possibilities we may have not entertained in the past because we were in the midst of our confusion, or day-to-day pursuits.

One thing appears certain -- the Sun will always rise in the East, and will set in the West. As we wake up to new perspectives in life, it would be wise to take advantage of the blessings which the light of day may bring ... use our time, resources and energy wisely so that we could accomplish what we need to accomplish, or focus on what we need to get going. Take advantage of the good that comes our way in this cycle of life, because we know that sooner or later, the Sun will set and darkness takes over again.

Hopefully, when evening comes, we would have achieved more and learned more, grown up a day older, rest and wait until the Sun of our lives rises up once again.

annik

The man on the Sun is definitely a morning person. I don't like that when I wake up. He look happy and well rested. He gives me the impression he is ready to make new conquests (well I think more of lovers when I say that). He seems to enjoy life.