MerryDay Tarot Study Group

Mimers

I hope more people join in! This is a deck of such adventurous spirit! We started a thread about the Pentacle suit. I am thinking after Fri the 11th we will start a new thread for the Cups Suit by creating suit stories. No one has to keep to any time schedule. Go at your own pace, but I think it will be more fun if we do it together. :)

silverwings94

I was up to 2:30 this morning reading the book and looking at my cards. When I finally went to bed I put the deck under my pillow to see what impressions I would get. Well the only thing I got was the card back.When I got up I pulled the deck out from under my pillow and looked at it. There was the back of the cards looking at me. No wonder I saw just the backs. Tonight I'll remember to flip the deck over and see what I get,

6 Haunted Days

I finally got the book yesterday afternoon, I was at work so I had a look through a bit when I got home. It's so full of wonders, tidbits, imagination and knowledge....I can't wait to delve in!

I got my Bohemian Silver after aloooong wait yesterday as well....so have a heap on my plate!

silverwings94

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just received my MerryDay Tarot Saturday and spent all day today reading.I am really confused about the first section of the book that deals with Numerology.
I just don't understand any of it. There are number groupings on the cards and I don't understand this either. All this information is way over my head.Maybe there should be more information on how this was worked out and what to do with it.

Mimers

silverwings94 said:
I just received my MerryDay Tarot Saturday and spent all day today reading.I am really confused about the first section of the book that deals with Numerology.
I just don't understand any of it. There are number groupings on the cards and I don't understand this either. All this information is way over my head.Maybe there should be more information on how this was worked out and what to do with it.

I am really sorry the book is not working for you. I feel bad I recommended it. The way I use the first half of the book is as instructions to do numerology. It is her system which she took from various sources and her own experience. She also explains how the numbers, depending on what number they are reduced from can have slightly different meanings. These combinations are on the bottom of her cards and if you want you can use those meanings attributed to the numbers to enhance your readings.

The second half of the books delves more in to specifically the meanings of her cards and the dictionary of symbolism she uses in her cards. If the numerology section is not your thing I would just ignore it and use the meanings and symbolism dictionary in the back of the book.

As for the study group I hope more people have the time to write their suit stories. If you don't have the time or just don't feel moved to, feel free to read and comment on other's stories. It would be wonderful!

I am going to do my Wand story today and post it later.

silverwings94

I finally figured out the first half of the book. After sitting and really reading I was able to make the connections. It truly is a fabulous book.
How would one start a suit story? Do you look at the cards and write what you think the cards mean?

Mimers said:
I am really sorry the book is not working for you. I feel bad I recommended it. The way I use the first half of the book is as instructions to do numerology. It is her system which she took from various sources and her own experience. She also explains how the numbers, depending on what number they are reduced from can have slightly different meanings. These combinations are on the bottom of her cards and if you want you can use those meanings attributed to the numbers to enhance your readings.

The second half of the books delves more in to specifically the meanings of her cards and the dictionary of symbolism she uses in her cards. If the numerology section is not your thing I would just ignore it and use the meanings and symbolism dictionary in the back of the book.

As for the study group I hope more people have the time to write their suit stories. If you don't have the time or just don't feel moved to, feel free to read and comment on other's stories. It would be wonderful!

I am going to do my Wand story today and post it later.

Mimers

silverwings94 said:
I finally figured out the first half of the book. After sitting and really reading I was able to make the connections. It truly is a fabulous book.
How would one start a suit story? Do you look at the cards and write what you think the cards mean?

Yeah, thats what I have been doing. Just totally forget what the cards mean and tell a story based on the Pics. You can use the court cards or not. That is up to each individual. Long or short, doesn't matter.

Glad you are more comfortable with the book. I have to say it probably could have been a little more organized with the information.

Mimi

cardlady22

I'm horrible about sticking to a single deck project, but I'd like to look at the Merryday during the holidays. Since the book is hard to come by, and there are no plans to reprint, I highly recommend seeing if someone in your respective area can arrange a get-together to read & share.

I don't think I'm ready to write a Suit Story, even though the Swords haven't been done yet.

Pages 121-151 cover Symbolism and each entry lists the cards that feature the given symbol. Ms. Poole writes: The idea is not to take someone else's answers, but rather to create your own. But, if you don't know what a thing is or where it came from, it can be difficult to start. Is anyone interested in a set of posts that looks at the deck from these components?

Elendil

I have just started using this deck in the Deck of the Week Thread. I am reading the cards almost entirely 'intuitively' since the only extra information I have is the 'key word' card which gives little away except some (scant) information on seasons. I do not have the book written to accompany the deck nor do I have access to a copy. I would be very interested in some entries in this study group thread which might help me decipher the messages encoded in the symbols and the deck images. I will contribute as and where I can.

(I am not sure a 'suit story' is the best place for me to start.)