The best Marseilles book to start with

Miss Woo

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could please recommend the best Marseilles book to start with, for a beginner.

I have just ordered the Soprafino/1835 Gumppenberg deck and I'm interested in learning how to read in the Tarot de Marseilles style... This style just looks so intriguing, and I love the fact that interpreting it is like anything goes/free association! How fun!

I have been looking through these Marseilles threads and there seems to be a few different books I could buy, but I'm just not sure where to start (I would like to own them all!).

I would really appreciate some help. Thank you :)

Miss Woo

Best TdM deck for a beginner

I think I might also buy a Tarot de Marseilles deck to practice with... I don't want to use my Soprafino deck yet until I know what I'm doing.

Could you please recommend a Marseilles deck to start with as well?

Personally, I like the Le Veritable Tarot de Marseilles (Hadar) deck because I prefer the muted colours. I think the standard colours are so ugly and it would take me a while to get used to them.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/hadar-marseilles/

Thank you :)

cjxtypes

Personally from the loads of Marseille information I've gone through, downloaded, and purchased the best "beginner" information I think comes from Yoav Ben Dov's "The Open Reading"... very clean, written in an easy readable style. It has been a great help to me. Very digestible. I'm just falling in love the Tarot de Marseille. Good luck! :)

Miss Woo

Personally from the loads of Marseille information I've gone through, downloaded, and purchased the best "beginner" information I think comes from Yoav Ben Dov's "The Open Reading"... very clean, written in an easy readable style. It has been a great help to me. Very digestible. I'm just falling in love the Tarot de Marseille. Good luck! :)

I was just looking at that book in another thread! Thanks very much! :)

gregory

J-M David's is excellent too - but a total pain to buy - very pricey as a book and my experience with buying it on lulu was NOT fun.......

Miss Woo

J-M David's is excellent too - but a total pain to buy - very pricey as a book and my experience with buying it on lulu was NOT fun.......

Thanks, I will keep it in mind :)

Goodness me, I have butterflies I'm so excited. Who would have thought I'd get so excited about Tarot books LOL? I think it excites me because to me Tarot is like unravelling a mystery.

gregory

I hate to tell you this, but the more books you read, the more of a mystery it becomes.

Wait till someone suggests Enrique Enriquez - which I politely didn't. Yet. But he is BRILLIANT...

Miss Woo

I hate to tell you this, but the more books you read, the more of a mystery it becomes.

Wait till someone suggests Enrique Enriquez - which I politely didn't. Yet. But he is BRILLIANT...

Oh that's okay, I don't mind at all. I like mysteries.

Thanks, I will keep that book in mind as well :)

cjxtypes

I have JMD Ebook. No problems with lulu but the book is huge and very detailed. Great to have as reference. I'm happy to have but as a beginner book I found Yoav's much more user friendly as a Marseille newbie.

Miss Woo

I have JMD Ebook. No problems with lulu but the book is huge and very detailed. Great to have as reference. I'm happy to have but as a beginner book I found Yoav's much more user friendly as a Marseille newbie.

Yes, there are a few books I like already... I can tell that I'm addicted to Tarot already LOL. I'm happy because I've never been able to get into anything and I've always been envious of my friends who have hobbies and are avid collectors of things.