Tarot for Yourself or 78 Degrees of Wisdom?

Finally, vote the best of them! :)

• 78 Degrees of Wisdom

Votes: 72 62.6%
  • Tarot for Yourself

Votes: 43 37.4%

• Total voters

aeonx

Greetings.
This 'poll' option is just great! Finally I get to see how many like Tarot for Yourself or 78 Degrees of Wisdom. As you can remember, I started the thread 'Book list.' some time ago, but it was difficult to maintain. (Counting votes etc.) I've been so curios as to what book came out the best. Now go vote!

Kiama

I much prefer Amber Jayanti's 'Living The Tarot' to either of these, but out of these two, I vote 78 DW

Kiama

Pollux

Well, I cannot make a choice between them...
Definitely both!
I'm soon going to Feltrinelli to retrieve them both! I ordered them on purpose, and they got them all the way to Naples FREE for me! :D

Jewel

This was a tough vote, both are so good, and they come from different angles. One is a work book one is a fabulous text. Like Pollux wish I could have voted for both *LOL*

truthsayer

tarot for yourself has been my fav tarot book since 1985. i've had 78 degrees of wisdom less than a year. even tho it appears to be a great book, i have a long history w/ TFY so that gives it the edge.

Briarfoote

Taking a chance on being cast out...
I have do not have, nor have read, either one.
*hides under desk from any incoming flames or rocks*

I only have three Tarot books (not counting LWB's), but then I am relatively new to this.

Oops... I was wrong. I have four books.
The Tarot: History, Mystery and Lore ~ Cynthia Giles
The Tarot: The Origin, Meaning and Uses of the Cards ~ Alfred Douglas
A Wicked Pack of Cards: The Origins of the Occult Tarot ~ Ronald Decker
The Complete Illustrated Guide to Tarot : How to Unlock the Secrets of the Tarot ~ Rachel Pollack

aeonx

Greetings.
I do have the 78 DW, and just love it! After reading the first chapter, I learned more than I have the last year studying Jane Lyle's "Great Book of Tarot"! And that is not an overstatement! Lyle's book is the most superficial and useless tarot book I have seen.

Other books I have:
Book of Thoth - Crowley
Mastering the Tarot - Sharman-Burke
Shapeshifter Tarot
Easy Tarot

Still waiting for my copy of Tarot for Yourself! :)

LaLaBella

Don't feel bad Briarfoote, I don't have either one of those books...either ;)
The only books I have right now are:
The Tarot Companion-Tracy Potter
Tarot for a New Generation-Janina Renee

They are both pretty good. The latter is outstanding :D

Temperance413

I had a hard time choosing between the two, but I'm a more of a hands on learner, so Tarot For Yourself made the Tarot concrete for me. I did love 78.........

truthsayer

yesterday i bought the second edition of "tarot for yourself". mary greer just blows me away. i like the new edition even more than the first edition. she's added things there were in previous books like tarot constellations(OOP) and improved others like the charts. i think what makes me choose her over rachel pollack's 78 degrees is that mary is so interactive with the cards. i just love her self discovery exercises. i just go over and over them and have done so for years. i can't wait to really get into the new book! i can get bored w/ pollack b/c she can get so deep at times unless i'm feeling extra alert and able to concentrate.