Tarot Bible

Aure

The Tarot Bible and Godsfield Press Bible Series

I'm looking forward to this book by Sarah Bartlett since I love Godsfield Press's Bible series. I have the Crystal Bible and I love the size of the book as well as the layout.

It seems that this book will be published next september: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1841812986/aeclectictaro-21/

By the way, does anyone have any info on the rest of the series? I have been considering the Dream Bible as well and some of the other books seem interesting as well. Of course I don't consider them to be 'bibles' in the real sense of the word but atleast the Crystal Bible has a lot of information in a nice little (if not a bit thick) format.

The series contains so far:

The Aromatherapy Bible
The Astrology Bible
The Crystal Bible
The Dream Bible
The Feng Shui Bible
The Meditation Bible
The Palmistry Bible
The Spells Bible
The Wicca Bible
The Yoga Bible
The Tarot Bible (coming up)

lunakasha

Aure said:
I'm looking forward to this book by Sarah Bartlett since I love Godsfield Press's Bible series. I have the Crystal Bible and I love the size of the book as well as the layout.

It seems that this book will be published next september: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1841812986/aeclectictaro-21/

YES....this is exciting news! I have seen several of the "Bible" books at Barnes & Noble, and wondered if they would ever publish a TAROT Bible!!! :D

I LOVE (but do not own) the Crystal Bible.....and look forward to the Tarot Bible being chock-full of color pics of various cards as well as plenty of useful information....

Thanks for letting us know!

:) Luna

Emily

Thanks for posting this :)

I've just added The Tarot Bible to my basket at Amazon. I've looked through the Crystal Bible before and have been amazed at the amount of details in there - hopefully this book will be the same. The 30 spreads sound interesting. :)

Aure

Does anyone have this book now that it is published? I would like to hear if it is as nice as the other books in this series.

Kenny

Yeah, I got it. Didn't know it was new.

I love the book, it is well laid out, colour coded sides (comes in handy). I'll give the book 5 out of 5.

BTW, each card has a present, future, and blockage description listed.

HearthCricket

My copy came, yesterday, from Amazon. I just love it! I think it was well thought out and appeals to just about anyone interested in Tarot from varying aspects. The information about the meaning of each card is very well written and this could easily be a favourite for beginners and long-time readers, like me. I am thrilled with this. They had a nice section on the history of tarot, concise but nicely done. And I liked the way it covered people who like to cleanse their decks to people who use one card readings for meditation for the day. I highly recommend this book to all tarot people.

Now, if we could only get Kaplan to put those Encyclopedias out in colour photos...ah, be still, my heart!!

celticnoodle

i just purchased it myself, but have not had much time to pour through it. I've leafed through it a bit and yes, it is very colorful and seems to be well done.

Emily

My Tarot Bible came this morning too.

I've not had much time to go over it properly but first impressions are very good. It is pure RWS, so not much in it for Marseille lovers, and is illustrated mainly with the Universal De Angelis Tarot from LoS, which is a RWS clone deck. It does show other decks but not in any great detail.

It has good write-ups on the cards and full colour images (De Angelis) of all 78 cards, key words and key phrases for each card and a detailed interpretation of card meanings which seem to be clear and interesting to read.

The book itself is colour coded, so if you wanted the section for the Relationship spreads you go to the pale blue pages, makes searching for things in the book alot easier.

For a small book it carries alot of detail and information. Just from my initial looking through it and not properly reading, I think it will make a good addition to my tarot library. :)

Cerulean

I was delighted with this!

Thanks for posting the discussion thread. This is a very pretty book and the DeAngelis "Universal" Tarot close ups are really neat. I found that if I took my favorite Lo Scarabeo Tarots for experiments--the Harmonious or Manga, for instance--it worked pretty well. I like comparing my 'favorite tarot of the moment' with the DeAngelis details.

The exercises that I did so far with the Manga Tarot and this book--I liked the way of looking at the four courts of each suit.

The advantage of using this with the Manga Tarot is there's more of a 'color palette' similarity in each suit, so it's easier to do experiments.

Very nicely done book. I look forward to more color books in such a series. I'll have to check out the Crystals Bible now.

Regards,

Cerulean