Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

csmith0406 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteK View Post
I failed I was supposed to last until end of June, a three month abstinence, and pledged to give away my Tabula Mundi if I lapsed. Well I did cave and ordered the Bohemian Gothic 3rd edition mini. But I'm reneging and am not going to give away my TM. I know, I pledged, but I can't go through with it. I did 6 weeks though, and it felt so much longer! Sorry TOADies, I am weak 😑😂🙄
Oh no! I failed today too, and am not giving up my Kitty Kahane either, so I don't blame you one bit for keeping your Tabula Mundi. That would be waay to much of a penalty.

I caved for I Naibi di Giovanni Vacchetta, the Il Menghello version. I had Tarot of the Master but sold it because the words in the borders annoyed me. But I missed the deck itself, so bought the Il Menghello.

Though I did not need it, and will only occasionally use it, so I can't explain why I couldn't have waited until August 1st.

I have been doing much better though, I sold or gave away about 20 decks total, and during that time bought three decks. So overall I'm ahead. And I do like my collection and even if I don't read with all the decks I do share the art with others through Twitter or just with friends. Though I'm kind of forcing my friends.

Thanks fellow Toadies! Maybe we need a 12 step program?
csmith0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #581
Julian Jaymes 
Resident

Hello y'all, I'm Julian and I am powerless over my Amazon account. XD

I'm really proud of myself because I only had one Amazon order this month...progress! I currently do have a few things in my cart for next month but I am NOT going to click that final "place order" button until next month. Nope, not till then.

Of course that's only like a couple weeks away...I know I'm probably missing the point of this but I'm trying to at least buy less and spend money on important things instead. Like paying utilities. XD

I'm also going to be working on really bonding with my Tarot Mucha. I was watching a Kelly-Ann Maddox video about the importance of actually "getting to know" the decks you've bought, rather than just jumping to the next Amazon order, and I was inspired, so I'm gonna grab my Mucha (that I got this month and have barely touched...) and study with it a bit.

~JJ
Julian Jaymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #582
Nemia 
Matronis Aufaniabus vslm

I have to quit the noble halls of the TOADIES. I dishonoured myself too many times. I'm a collector. I'd love to be a toadie but somehow, it just doesn't work. I'm greedy. Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa :-(

But then, new decks make me happy :-)
Nemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #583
EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

11 brand new decks and a bundle of new books in less than 4 months is not really that bad when you come to think about it. I mean, I purchased so few last year, so I may be excused with this. Just one last splurge in late October and two big ones next year (one of them to complete the LS metallic decks line) and I think I'll be done for some time. It's all very rational, really.

Old 1 Day Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #584
G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
I have to quit the noble halls of the TOADIES. I dishonoured myself too many times. I'm a collector. I'd love to be a toadie but somehow, it just doesn't work. I'm greedy. Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa :-(

But then, new decks make me happy :-)
Cute post, 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

That cannot fly.”
― Langston Hughes
G6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #585
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today