Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros View Post
I did end up putting the decans plus their corresponding cards on the Courts. There used to be a nifty table on supertarot, but now it can only be found on the Wayback Machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20121015...tributions.htm

And the best place I know of to find Richard's wheel is here (tooting my own horn here, sorry)

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=257054

Richard, the member who made it, made an improved diagram based on the one Robert Wang used in his book.
I'm not entirely sure, but it seems the supertarot chart runs afoul of the"What's a King and what's a Knight?" dichotomy (unless it was intentional). My Golden Dawn material and the Book of Thoth place the King of Wands (Crowley's Knight) at the Scorpio-Sagittarius transition, and the Knight of Wands (Crowley's Prince) straddling the Cancer-Leo line. The chart has the Knight at Sagittarius and the King at Leo; I know that some people think the Kings should be fixed and the Knights mutable, but if the author of the chart was basing it on the Thoth deck, why not use Knight (King) and Prince (Knight) for the titles? I just created my own table (before I saw this one) using Richard's model, and added columns for the Ace/Princess and Major Arcana correspondences.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Barleywine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
elektrius 
Resident

as an exercise in learning the dates i made a new tarot sub-calendar on my ipad and put all the courts, the 12 astrological majors and all the decanate minors in as events. this is what it looks like!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...38f813f4f6.jpg

it was a fun exercise and i find it very helpful, you can practise by choosing any day in the year and immediately you have all the three associated cards at a glance with a visual of when they kick in and how long they last... and you can switch the sub-calendar off and you're back to your daily life lol. i also have all my friends birthdays in my calendar which makes it so easy to quickly locate their cards.

Old 03-04-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
foolMoon 
Citizen

Tarot of Ceremonial Magick by L.M. Duquette has all the date correspondence on each cards, making it very handy

Old 4 Weeks Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today