The "Sword of Truth" relationship spread

Shaymus

I thought I'd like to share a spread that I use when reading for relationships of all kinds. If this is similar to another spread already posted, my apologies to the author. The spread is in a sword shape.

1. Others view or behaviour in the relationship.
2. The relationship
3. Querent's view or behaviour in the relationship.
4. What has contributed to the current state of the relationship/, or the basis of the relationship.
5. Advice on the next step to take in the relationship.
6. Possible/probable outcome to the relationship.

I've had very good readings using this.

Shaymus

Shaymus

I realized that I had inverted the numbers in this spread. 5 is 6, and 6 is 5.

5. Possible/probable outcome
6. Advice

GoddessArtemis

Thoughts?

Very cool spread, Shaymus. Thank you.

For personal reasons, I might break down position #1 and #3 into 2 parts, because I'm curious to separate behavior vs. view; I'll also break down #6 into two parts, as I think it provides more detailed info. What do you think?

1. Other's view of the relationship
2. Other's behavior in the relationship
3. The relationship
4. Querent's view of the relationship
5. Querent's behavior in the relationship
6. The basis of the relationship
7. What has contributed to the current state of the relationship
8. Advice
9. Possible/probable outcome

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try this.

GA

Shaymus

Excellent! I'll try this too.

Shaymus

shotthebreeze

It's dead accurate, even with the numbers reversed. Brilliant. Thank you so much!

irishpisces

Very nice reading I received from this spread. Very accurate, as well as informative and inspiring in a future sense for me. Greatly appreciated and I'll most likely give the "alternative" spread a shot as well to see if I can dig a bit deeper. Muchly appreciated. ;)

octoberiste

wow. great spread.

i just got a very inspiring reading for my best friend and i. we tend to have arguments and then we break up for a few days, then come back together loving each other. sounds childish, but it's crazy.

anyway, this reading shows that we will both gain wisdom and discipline. and our relationship, number 2, is a training in patience.

thanks for the spread. :-D

phoenixblu

I did it and have posted it on the forum..

i read it with them in the wrong order.. but both cards are good un's

but going to leave it as is.. :)

Thanks for such a good spread :)

Waterfaery

Excellent spread either way you arrange the cards!! And the title reminds you that the truth can sometimes be double edged, and forces you to be logical rather than emotional the way it reads. Definitely one for the notebook, so thanks for posting it!

Failariel

Rearranged the sword diagram

I really liked this spread and found it super useful! I modified it in a few ways, I set it up like so(using the fleshed out nine points someone had posted earlier)
*1 2 3 5 4
I also found myself changing other things a bit to fit the theme. In the hilt i swapped the four and five to achieve symmetry and balence ( I found it helped me see when the expectations/beliefs were very unbalenced)

Then I had the points as follows;
1. Other's view of the relationship
2. Other's behavior in the relationship
3. The glue or base of the relationship. What brought/keeps the two people together?
4. Querent's view of the relationship
5. Querent's behavior in the relationship
6. The foundation/state of the relationship
7. What has contributed to the current state of the relationship (or how did the two people fail to see the truth?)
8. Advice - What must be done, where must be done to bring the truth to light?
9. Possible/probable outcome (Did the tip of the sword ring true?)

- I'm pretty new here, but really liked this, and thought I'd post what I came up with. I'm really digging symmetry and metaphors