The Process by Dan Pelletier 6 Audio CD's

Onyx

Leisa said:
There isn't that much more on the disks some samples and podcasts with Dan which you might have already. I would encourage you to get the MP3 version since I spent hours tagging them and then you can burn disks from the mp3's to use in the car.

Okay, I am sold, MP3's it is.

Off to go buy it.

Onyx.

HearthCricket

My copy is on its way and I am hoping I will have it by Wednesday! I have a quiet day after a doctor's appointment. It will be the perfect time to start listening to it!! Either that or I will pray for a very rainy weekend! Now, to find the perfect journal/notebook to go with it!!

Sheri

I just loaded all the CDs into iTunes and am in the process of downloading to my iPhone so I can listen to it tomorrow.

I got as far as the middle of Chapter 3 (numbers) before I had to leave and get cat food before the store closed.

Stopped at Staples on the way home. They have a special package of 6 spiral notebooks for $1.98 :D

Got my pencils too. Not a fan of the sharpener. Makes the point look like that of a Yahtzee pencil. But I am still looking forward to the pencil bump, the bump, the lovely pencil bump... you know, the one that you got on your finger when you were a kid from writing. Hum it to the Black Eyed Peas song :D

la-luna

Awaiting mine with much anticipation

this morning i was listening to Leisa's episode 88 with Dan's interview concerning and he not only gave me one of the best trips to my work but also lots of smiles :D and curiosity and positive feelings towards "the process"

mac22

la-luna said:
Awaiting mine with much anticipation

this morning i was listening to Leisa's episode 88 with Dan's interview concerning and he not only gave me one of the best trips to my work but also lots of smiles :D and curiosity and positive feelings towards "the process"

It's well worth the wait,.. time & effort...:)

Mac22

tmgrl2

I just ordered mine today!

I'll play them in my car...holds 6 CDs at once...so off I go!

terri

Skydancer

Is episode 88 - Dan's interview - the one that is archived? That you have to buy?

*S*

Skydancer

oh gosh - the click-it down there at the bottom? It escaped me before. Holy bovine - 55 minutes? I have dial-up. .... oh woe is me .... *snif*

But I'll get it eventually - like maybe 2 AM. :)

Big thanks!
*S*

retrokat

I love audio books, but I especially love audio books read by the author. I wish I could get Mary Greer's or Rachel Pollack's work as audio books - it's something about hearing the author's inflections, their tone and different emphases.

I love being able to work while I listen to a book. As a complete workaholic, and someone who works with images - listening to an audio book while I push pixels means I can use two bits of my brain at once. I know that sounds a bit weird, but I just work better if I'm being engrossed on two levels simultaneously (I'm a Gemini).

But even if you DON'T love audio books, this is something special.

Dan, as others have mentioned, is an orator. I'd pay to get him to read the phone book for me, his voice is like honey. Anything he says is fascinating because there's so much Dan in the way he says it and Dan is such a compelling human being.

The content is wonderful too. All the things I wish someone had told me 20 years ago - this would be a wonderful present for someone starting out in tarot. As others have mentioned though, it's also got something for us 'old dawgs' - a few new tricks it's not too late for us to learn.

If you're sitting on the fence about buying this, then you obviously don't know Dan. Since I live on the other side of the world, I wish I had a recording of every conversation I've had in person with Dan, I'd replay it again and again. And that's what this audio book is like. It's not a 'book', it's a conversation. And he makes you feel part of that conversation.

I don't think a traditional book would be as good. Perhaps a purpose-made journal with dot-points of what he talks about. As people have said, you could do this yourself - but I think as a companion product that would work too. Or, a video. Handheld camera, walking around his garden like you were there with him. And one extra thing that would add - his eyebrows! Dan's eyebrows are so expressive when he speaks, although I think I could hear that in his voice anyway on the audio book ;)

I bought the mp3 version - it's cheaper and also better for the environment since it uses less disks. I'll be sure to back up the mp3s in case I scratch the disk, as I know this is something that I'll listen to again and again.