Question About Text Placement

Zedrex

They're also a thing-in-themselves, a cultural icon and an indicator about the society that produces them - what Heidegger would refer to as sorge Personally, I think that this would be an excellent style for a tarot deck, as viable as angels and sherlock holmes themes and all the other gimmicky stuff that's out there. I can personally imagine a pretty fantastic deck - both visually and conceptually - but I'm not interested in arguing with people who don't agree

Chronata

To me it shouldn't matter where the title/text is on a card. It certainly doesn't alter the meaning in any way (unless like Gregory says...it's lots of extra nonsense words)

Personally I like putting them at the top, but in the image itself. Bottom works too.

You are the art student...you understand design, and wherever you place the text...will be right for your project.

reall

IMHO - decks with illustrated Pip cards - here is a card with 3 Swords stabbed through a heart - What suit IS this one? (LOL!) ... and does it REALLY need to have a large Roman numeral "III" at the top? Isn't the name of that card obvious?

Yes - you may get the Emperor and the King of Pentacles confused on a quick visual - but the Emperor doesn't have Pentacles in his design.

now when you mention it, im creating simple tarot deck without illustrations text and No on pip cards!^^:)))))

btw on topic it all depends on deck type!^^ for Tarot less is better!^^;))))

Lenormand/oracle don't mind text!^^ (for example see Kendra Hurteau n Katrina Hill
Under the Roses Lenormand with text!^^;))))))))))))

frejasphere

I agree with others who have advised against going overboard on the text side of things :) ... The image is the centre piece and what you will be reading. Though, each project is different and yours may call for its own creative solution to 'naming' the cards.

Depending on what medium you are working in, you could sketch a few ideas (top, bottom, middle (no, maybe not ;)), sparse, busy...) or design digital versions to print and evaluate (I find it is easier to see what works with the 'real thing' in your hands... if that makes sense?)

Good luck, and looking forward to seeing your updates :)