BrightEye's deck

BrightEye

So I've decided to post some scans here for anyone who is interested. The attached is a trial print of the Fool. It's not quite as sepia in the original but almost.

It's a Majors-only deck. It will be self-published with only a limited number of copies. I have no name for the deck yet but maybe something catchy will come to me soon.

rwcarter

That's an interesting concept for the Fool! I like it. I might even love it. Will need to come back to the image again once it's had some time to percolate in the back of my mind to know for sure.

BrightEye

Thank you :)

I was thinking April Fool and Sandro Botticelli's 'Primavera'. There's a detail in that painting that shows a woman with vegetation growing from her mouth. That was my model, although here I used the Fool's white rose instead.

Noni

I really like the image of the Fool and your interpretation of it the symbolic meaning has still being conveyed and it made me think of like things unfolding like the way the image is...so good work!

best wishes!

danieljuk

like it already BE! looking forwards to seeing them all finished :)

Babalon Jones

so far it has quite a surreal look to it. I like that!

Debra

I've seen some of Brighteye's other work and surreal is exactly her style--this will be deliciously disturbing I think :heart:

Kgirl

That is beautiful BE!

BrightEye

Thank you, everyone :) Admittedly, this is one of the better drawings. The deck is really quite disparate, both in terms of concept (because it started as a collaboration and then I finished it on my own) and in terms of execution. Anyhow, I'll post some more scans soon.